GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
I just use a piece of tubing and snip off the tip after each wheel to keep it tight. Works on every car I've tried it on. Tube and a catch bottle with a loop in the line to keep it above the caliper prevents air. Easy peazy.

That was with the tubing directly on the bleeder. Didn't matter.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Put on my winter setup

[emoji52]

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I put mine between the battery and airbox. I haven't had any connection issues.

Yeah mine sits here with the connect body in a horizontal orientation and have never had connection issues either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI

Exiwolfman

Passed Driver's Ed
This is how my jb4 sits , inside battery blanket but I'm running data cable otg directly to my phone with app .

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Thanks guys. I initially only had enough slack to get the JB4 between the battery and airbox like El_bigote_AJ. I had the BT module on top just like that, too. Connectivity was absolute shit if I could get one at all. After figuring out I accidentally bundled up the D connector wire, losing some of the slack I should have had, I now have my JB4 between the battery and ECU like others have done.

The BT module is just laying out on top of the battery cover. Connectivity is working, but it still seems like the overall signal is very low if I am to believe the signal strength indicator within the JB4 iOS app.
I may poke a small hole through the battery cover and zip tie it in place on the cover so it doesn't move, but the wires are so short I'm not sure I even need to do that.

I'm actually wondering if the BT module itself was slightly physically or heat damaged. I bought it used off another member here and when I undid the zipties from the previous owners setup because I wanted to make it look cleaner, I discovered the casing was actually no longer completely sealed along the edges, it came partially apart in my hands, the glue had failed. I inspected the wiring and saw nothing broken or charred. I wrapped Tesa tape around the parts that had opened up a bit. It's the latest revision casing without the triangular end.

https://i.imgur.com/73E0990l.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

FWIW I put a JB4 w/ Bluetooth in my brother's R in front of the battery behind the airbox as well and he hasn't had any connection issues, even from the passenger seat.

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah, I gather many people have done that config, including the previous owner of this module, but now it just has constant connection issues...

I don't think it is my iPhone either. I has no issues maintaining connections to other BT devices, even at 25 feet.

I've reached out to the JB4 ConnectKit folks to see if there's anything I can try to tinker with/check for damage.

Could be vibration causing an intermittent connection. Can check if your connect kid tap is still firm and check some of the wiring internally make sure the pins are good.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
1) Put a self adhesive hood insulator (missing from the 2019s) on.

2) Installed thin foam insulation in the entire hatch well area (missing from the 2019s).

3) And this;

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk