GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jetta rims for 2018 VW GTI Autobann

malhi179

Car(s)
2018 VW GTI Autobann
I recently bought 2018 VW GTI Autobann. It came with 225/40/R18 tires on 18*7.5 stock rims ( believe offset is 49) and have got type R brakes.

I have a set of good set of winter tires from my old 2014 Jetta which are 225/45/R17 on 17*7 vw rims with offset 54.

I am wondering if my Jetta winter tires/rims will fit on my 2018 GTI Autobann without causing any damage to suspension/brakes etc.

Any help is appreciated...

Harpreet

95b14

Go Kart Newbie
They should fit. I have the “joda” wheels from a Jetta that I run on my performance package brakes without issue. Tire and wheel sizes are same as you listed.

malhi179

Car(s)
2018 VW GTI Autobann
They should fit. I have the “joda” wheels from a Jetta that I run on my performance package brakes without issue. Tire and wheel sizes are same as you listed.

Thanks. My biggest concern was offset difference. Do you know the offset of your Jetta rims?

Oscar LaVista

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE 6MT
See willtheyfit.com

If the link works right, it already has your setup input into the site. The inner rim will be 1.4mm further from the strut. The outside of the wheel will stick out 11.4mm less because the wheel is narrower. The only thing you have to worry about is if the back of the spokes clears your GTI-R calipers, and you can't be 100% sure of that unless someone else has tried those exact wheels on a car with those brakes.

It'll only take you a few minutes to figure it out...

95b14

Go Kart Newbie
The wheels I have are the same offset. I’d post a picture for your visual confirmation but I’m not as forum savvy with that now that photobucket holds everyone’s pictures hostage.