GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Maestro DIY Tuning Help

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Adjust the gear 5 column if you want to change 4th gear
Does this convention hold all the way up the range? Asking about the map with the table/gears 1-7.

Also is the DSG the Max Torque Table 2?

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Does this convention hold all the way up the range? Asking about the map with the table/gears 1-7.

Gear 1 is reverse, 2 is 1, and so on.

I always set the 2 tables the same so I don't have to worry about it.

Haven't tuned a 7spd car so can't speak to that yet.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Is your max table 2, 0-6? I only change my max table 2 and I have a manual. DSG is likely Max Table 1. Change both to be sure as Hoon suggested?

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Gear 1 is reverse, 2 is 1, and so on.

I always set the 2 tables the same so I don't have to worry about it.

Haven't tuned a 7spd car so can't speak to that yet.
Setting both is what I have been doing just to be safe.

Although I did not know that gear 1 was R.

Thanks for the heads up. Finally got my tune dialed enough to push peak boost to 27-28 and running about E50, so traction is finally an issue. (Slinks away back to the GTI tech section....)

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Is your max table 2, 0-6? I only change my max table 2 and I have a manual. DSG is likely Max Table 1. Change both to be sure as Hoon suggested?
I just wish we could have the naming convention defined to include DSG in the title of the map. The other one could stay 1. Karl That's video I believe had the old torque maps defined by transmission.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Anyone have any tips for flashing to the Stage 3 TCU tune? I keep receiving an error when it is writing Block 3.

I have flashed back to the stock TCU file, and then trying to flash to Stage 3, but keep receiving the same error.

I am licensed and flashed with Maestro Custom NLS/LC file.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
If I only have E10 around me in pumps, any harm in setting my "% Alternative Fuel in Tank" to 10% in my file? Would it mean I have a little more headroom in the trims when I'm using Ethanol if my ECU hadn't fully adjusted to the tank?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
If I only have E10 around me in pumps, any harm in setting my "% Alternative Fuel in Tank" to 10% in my file? Would it mean I have a little more headroom in the trims when I'm using Ethanol if my ECU hadn't fully adjusted to the tank?
I went and tested this and found my car had terrible time staying on the 14s for AFR at cruise. I let the car warm up for 3 minutes, cruised at constant 50mph for 10 minutes and it just kept bouncing between 13 and 16. Pulled over at a burger king parking lot and flashed the same map with 0 value in the alt fuel table. Car acted normal on the way home. Maybe this doesn't work right on 1.8s.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
I am running Stage 1.5 adjustable on my S3 and I kept the default 0 value for ethanol content. Running E10, fuel trims seem to be spot on so I didn't see a need to mess with it. I did change it to like E30 real quick to see if it was working and it was pulling some fuel (negative fuel trims), so it appears to be working OK. I actually used the android app and it let me change the value while the engine was still running and had real-time effects.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I am running Stage 1.5 adjustable on my S3 and I kept the default 0 value for ethanol content. Running E10, fuel trims seem to be spot on so I didn't see a need to mess with it. I did change it to like E30 real quick to see if it was working and it was pulling some fuel (negative fuel trims), so it appears to be working OK. I actually used the android app and it let me change the value while the engine was still running and had real-time effects.
Unfortunately, the slider is not enabled in the 1.8 file. I use the phone app to verify my octane and boost, but the ethanol slider is not available.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
How exactly is the Android app used? I've been trying to figure that out for a while and never really found a definitive answer.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT