GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is this a major or minor problem?

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Are you serious? Just get a different car. There are plenty other 2016 S model GTIs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
If the coils are functioning fine with no misfires why should they be replaced?

Its part of the official service schedule...

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26312

Would i do it? No i would wait for misfires as well, my MK5's started misfiring at around 65k and then i swapped them... I plan on doing the same with my MK7....

Misfires arent exactly good for the engine though... so we shouldn't be proud of waiting for them...

edit: In fact, I would give a seller brownie points for preemptively replacing...

Who's car would you buy? the guy that waits for the misfire or the guy that follows the maintenance schedule rigorously?

In our case, i guess we arent saving the car for the next guy....

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Its part of the official service schedule...

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26312

Would i do it? No i would wait for misfires as well, my MK5's started misfiring at around 65k and then i swapped them... I plan on doing the same with my MK7....

Misfires arent exactly good for the engine though... so we shouldn't be proud of waiting for them...

edit: In fact, I would give a seller brownie points for preemptively replacing...

Who's car would you buy? the guy that waits for the misfire or the guy that follows the maintenance schedule rigorously?

In our case, i guess we arent saving the car for the next guy....

Maybe I missed it but I did not see anything in that maintenance schedule that said to replace the coils at any mileage. If I missed it I'm sorry but I didn't see it.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
The coils are an ‘as and when’ item, there is no schedule for them.

Davenlei

Yea, I moved on.... Not worth buying someone else's problem.

It was cheap so was hoping to get a really good deal. One of my friends who is into Jeep's seems to always find killer deals for cars that are way below market and have no real issues other than needing a little TLC.