GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Regional Forums > Southwest

Old 08-20-2018, 04:02 AM   #1
JS12

Drives: 2018 R
FS/Free DFW: Pre-cabin filter

With my lack of reading comprehension, I accidentally purchased 5 of the pre-cabin filter housings as seen here: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16907

I wanted one plastic housing and 10 filters, but ended up with 5 housings and 10 filters. Since it's not economical for me to ship these all over the country, I'm offering the following for local pickup in the DFW area:
  • $10 for 1 housing + 1 filter
  • Free for 1 housing + no filters (need to buy or make your own filters)
4 housings available.

This is a fairly easy mod and should help keep the A/C a bit cleaner once you see where it sits. A couple of notes, the housing was a tight fit on my '18 R. I ended up just jamming it on and screwing it down until it sat flush. Drilling out the plastic holes a tiny bit to align them would have been the preferred option. Either way, there's still a good seal around the entire edge. The other thing is that I have the Eurocode front STB installed which took away about half of the room I had to work with. Still doable, but took longer than expected.

PM me if interested!

Last edited by JS12; 08-20-2018 at 04:58 AM.
JS12 is offline   Reply With Quote