GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie
Ok. Wow. Your knowledge of this is WAY above mine. I'm just an enthusiast who happened to see Euro Dynamic tail lights and I want to replace the stock ones on my 7.5 GTI. I'm glad you told me about the fact that VW does not manufacture the harness. Why would they? These lights were not made for the NA market; if they were, vehicles would have come equipped w/them...not requiring...a harness. So, I've gone back up the page to the suggestions on where to buy them separately. I can get OEM tail lights relatively inexpensively. But all the suppliers make sure you know that you have to buy a harness AND reprogram the VCDS.

Thanks for the help.

The kit that comes from e-Acca comes with OEM wiring to convert to mk7.5 european tail lights, however it is for european models only I believe, there are instructions as well in german.

Bar_H

Hello,

I own a MK7.5 GTI PP with the LED lights but not with the dynamic turn signals and the new pattern (I am based in Israel so I don’t have the US tails and I assume harness should be capable).
Is there a way to validate if I can fit an OEM/Aftermarket 7.5 tails without the need for a harness/coding (plug and play) before buying?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

david9962000

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Hello,

I own a MK7.5 GTI PP with the LED lights but not with the dynamic turn signals and the new pattern (I am based in Israel so I don’t have the US tails and I assume harness should be capable).
Is there a way to validate if I can fit an OEM/Aftermarket 7.5 tails without the need for a harness/coding (plug and play) before buying?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can get a plug & play harness, message the member ZERO815 here on this forum.

wootang00

Car(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT
Anyone in SoCal who has good experience installing these tails and coding for the harness? Looking to get this done on my car but I think it’s a little over my head so if there is someone nearby lemme know!

fabric8

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone in SoCal who has good experience installing these tails and coding for the harness? Looking to get this done on my car but I think it’s a little over my head so if there is someone nearby lemme know!
I'm in Vegas if that's not too far for you :)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
It has been over a month that I received a taillight from cars245 that was damaged and I now cannot get them to respond. I just want my money back

Sparklebeard

I just got my tails from e-acca and discovered that one of them has a similar issue. I've contacted them and hopefully will be able to get another unit sent out soon....

Edit for follow up: e-acca got back to me first thing Monday morning Europe time and has organised the replacement.

Last edited:

Pickleahoy1

Ready to race!
This is the reason why Ed @BEC had to stop shipping taillights on the OEM boxes, the corners are always at risk of breaking. Mine came in the OEM box and one got the edge clipped just like that. I'm glad he worked with me on a replacement super quick, and I don't envy working with overseas as that can be a total hassle.

c_c

Installed a set of OEM dynamic tails on my MK7.5 using the DAP harness and OBDeleven app coding, but I’m having trouble getting the rear fog to activate.

I’ve also installed the auto/rear fog only headlight switch, but I don’t see a fog indicator on the dash.

Do the MK7.5 models require the additional rear fog wire noted by DAP for MK7s? Does the switch itself require coding?

Last edited: