GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 GTI tuning options

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Are the stock ignition coils and plugs adequate for a Stage 1 tune? My 2019 GTI has about 1,300 miles on the clock and I will be getting flashed next month.

2.0T-GTI

VW in MadTown
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit Ed. GTI
Can you give us more details on the crackles changes? Thank you.

I'd also love some info on what situations the crackle is supposed to be increased and which situations it isn't. Not unhappy in anyway, just a bit confused how to purposefully make it happen to show off the new tune to friends, after all it's an aesthetic thing. :)

If I'm stationary and rev, it sometimes crackles, sometimes not. Sometimes it will be prominent, sometimes I can't "make" it happen with quick throttle roll offs and such.

What criteria needs to be met for it to deem it "safe" to add crackle?

Thanks!

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
@Arin -- any idea when the Stage 1 & 2 tunes will be available for the '19 Rs?

Our car is on order. As soon as it's here we'll be digging into it. We're already working on the code structure in Europe though which will help speed it up.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Pops and bangs: Based off a couple years worth of feedback, we made them slightly longer and more civilized. Basically, less annoying. Something you wouldn't mind hearing every day.

Understanding this will upset some you, we'll also make a more aggressive file that sounds like a warzone so you can install it for a week, and then flash back to the old file when you get tired of it.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
And plugs for stage 2? Since we’re on this topic.

None required on our end but stock. We do have specs for gap, but that only needs touched if you have a misfire or something of that sort. If you want an upgrade, we've used these: NGK-R7437-9

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
None required on our end but stock. We do have specs for gap, but that only needs touched if you have a misfire or something of that sort. If you want an upgrade, we've used these: NGK-R7437-9

Just to clarify for the thick-skulled, there is no need to change the gap for a Stage 1 tune?