GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf MK7 1.6 TDI bluemotion radar sensor

Neutrino_

Hi, I recently bought Golf MK7 1.6 TDI (2013 make) 5 door hatch, and unfortunately on the same day of purchase had my ACC DISTANCE REGULATION RADAR SENSOR CONTROL UNIT stolen.

I am looking at replacing my stolen radar sensor unit.

As far as I am aware, (5Q0 907 541 G) is the part number for my factory radar unit (photo of my radar unit before it was stolen is attached to this thread).

Any suggestion on how to cheaply have it replaced so my ACC is working again?

I am thinking of buying a radar on ebay. Does anyone know if other radar models would fit my car (like the square flat radar unit 5Q0 907 561 A/B/C/D/E/F/G?)

Is it true that you need to go to VW dealer to have it callibrated for 400£? Do you know anyone other than VW dealer who can callibrate ACC radar unit (I live in Birmingham, Midlands)?

Attachments

• IMG_20190505_152011 (02).jpg
    IMG_20190505_152011 (02).jpg
    134 KB · Views: 1,569

Jamie93

Passed Driver's Ed
They should work alright, but that looks like the earlier type of sensor so best to check. I had a similar instance when I hit a rabbit and ripped my radar clean off. Paid £80 for a second hand unit off eBay and then paid Volkswagen dealership £125 to take component protection off, set the unit up and do a full 4 wheel geometry setup and calibration of the sensor. 2 years later all is still working fine

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hi, I recently bought Golf MK7 1.6 TDI (2013 make) 5 door hatch, and unfortunately on the same day of purchase had my ACC DISTANCE REGULATION RADAR SENSOR CONTROL UNIT stolen.

I am looking at replacing my stolen radar sensor unit.

As far as I am aware, (5Q0 907 541 G) is the part number for my factory radar unit (photo of my radar unit before it was stolen is attached to this thread).

Any suggestion on how to cheaply have it replaced so my ACC is working again?

I am thinking of buying a radar on ebay. Does anyone know if other radar models would fit my car (like the square flat radar unit 5Q0 907 561 A/B/C/D/E/F/G?)

Is it true that you need to go to VW dealer to have it callibrated for 400£? Do you know anyone other than VW dealer who can callibrate ACC radar unit (I live in Birmingham, Midlands)?

I believe you won't have the FeCs for the flat radar so you'll have to replace like for like.