GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Infotainment, Electronics, Navigation, Phone (Audio / Video / Electronics)


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2019, 08:34 PM   #1
shottsguy22
Senior Member
 
Drives: Golf GT 2ltr GT
Location: North Lanarkshire, Scotland
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 230
Virtual dash retrofit

Looking for advice sorry if itís been asked before Iíve not been here for a while ! Iím wanting to retrofit a virtual dash on my car and am located in Scotland. Iíve posted on a few Facebook forums with no luck so far. A few people in England are saying they can do it. One Scottish company Iíve found will do it but itís really expensive ! My car has changed since I originally joined I now have a 2017 golf 2lt tdi GT


Any help would be appreciated
__________________
Golf GT 2ltr TDI, white, 5 door
shottsguy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:39 PM   #2
Cuzoe
Senior Member
 
Drives: MK4 GTI 1.8T, MK7 Golf TDI
Location: Los Angeles
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 362
Do a Google search for "AID retrofit" and you'll get links to some good threads on this forum
, Ross tech forum and tdiclub forum. If I wasn't on my phone I would post the links for this forum but Tapatalk does weird things with that. Plenty of great info out there though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Cuzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:42 PM   #3
shottsguy22
Senior Member
 
Drives: Golf GT 2ltr GT
Location: North Lanarkshire, Scotland
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 230
Thanks I will try that



Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuzoe View Post
Do a Google search for "AID retrofit" and you'll get links to some good threads on this forum
, Ross tech forum and tdiclub forum. If I wasn't on my phone I would post the links for this forum but Tapatalk does weird things with that. Plenty of great info out there though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
__________________
Golf GT 2ltr TDI, white, 5 door
shottsguy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:03 PM   #4
Carlosfandango
Senior Member
 
Carlosfandango's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 3Dr Mk7 GTi DSG Carbon Grey
Location: UK
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 675
Virtual dash retrofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by shottsguy22 View Post
Looking for advice sorry if itís been asked before Iíve not been here for a while ! Iím wanting to retrofit a virtual dash on my car and am located in Scotland. Iíve posted on a few Facebook forums with no luck so far. A few people in England are saying they can do it. One Scottish company Iíve found will do it but itís really expensive ! My car has changed since I originally joined I now have a 2017 golf 2lt tdi GT





Any help would be appreciated


This guy is quite far from you but should be able to help, they also have a shop on eBay, Iíve had dealings with alex before and he couldnít have been more helpful,
https://vw-retrofit.co.uk/
https://en-gb.facebook.com/vwretrofit/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZf...3cfZzSXV_vwtVw
Carlosfandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:04 PM   #5
shottsguy22
Senior Member
 
Drives: Golf GT 2ltr GT
Location: North Lanarkshire, Scotland
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlosfandango View Post
This guy is quite far from you but should be able to help, they also have a shop on eBay, Iíve had dealings with them before and they were very helpful,
https://vw-retrofit.co.uk/

Thanks Iíve seen him on the owners forum but heís a long way from me like you say
__________________
Golf GT 2ltr TDI, white, 5 door
shottsguy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:13 PM   #6
Cuzoe
Senior Member
 
Drives: MK4 GTI 1.8T, MK7 Golf TDI
Location: Los Angeles
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 362
Without re-typing my entire post from tdiclub I just ordered the digital dash and bezel to do this on my car. Less than $950 shipped. Prices have come way down since people first started this.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Cuzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:14 PM   #7
Carlosfandango
Senior Member
 
Carlosfandango's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 3Dr Mk7 GTi DSG Carbon Grey
Location: UK
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by shottsguy22 View Post
Thanks Iíve seen him on the owners forum but heís a long way from me like you say


They are quite far from you but he knows what heís doing, so maybe worth the trip rather than have issues with someone more local.
Carlosfandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 09:55 AM   #8
shottsguy22
Senior Member
 
Drives: Golf GT 2ltr GT
Location: North Lanarkshire, Scotland
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlosfandango View Post
They are quite far from you but he knows what heís doing, so maybe worth the trip rather than have issues with someone more local.
Thatís a very good point you have ! There is a local company but itís almost £500 just to fit and programme !
__________________
Golf GT 2ltr TDI, white, 5 door
shottsguy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 12:49 PM   #9
Dubvrs
Junior Member
 
Drives: Golf mk7 GTI
Location: England
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 12
I don’t think Alex at VW Retrofit is doing some component protection removal anymore as he has had a lot of people come to him with stolen parts. He did my AID retrofit for £200.
Dubvrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 01:53 PM   #10
IWMTom
Senior Member
 
IWMTom's Avatar
 
Drives: Mk7 1.6 TDI Match
Location: North East England
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by shottsguy22 View Post
Looking for advice sorry if it’s been asked before I’ve not been here for a while ! I’m wanting to retrofit a virtual dash on my car and am located in Scotland. I’ve posted on a few Facebook forums with no luck so far. A few people in England are saying they can do it. One Scottish company I’ve found will do it but it’s really expensive ! My car has changed since I originally joined I now have a 2017 golf 2lt tdi GT


Any help would be appreciated
Anyone with ODIS online can code the IMMO to the car and remove CP - it's just a typical cluster swap. Once that's done, you can code it with VCDS.

Try your local VAG specialist as they're more likely to have access.
IWMTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 05:04 PM   #11
GolfPilot
Senior Member
 
GolfPilot's Avatar
 
Drives: Golf Mk7 1.4 TSi Match Edition 125PS DSG
Location: Burton on Trent
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 204
Anyone know the part number for the AID unit? Also, any idea of price? Alex has quoted £200 to fit and code but doesn't supply the part.



GP
__________________
1.4 TSi Match Edition 125PS DSG Pacific Blue Metallic, with extras: Parking Pack, Bi-Xenons with LED DRL, Heated Steering Wheel with paddles, App Connect, Climate Control, Lane Assist/Side Scan/Dynamic Light Assist
GolfPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 05:36 PM   #12
Cuzoe
Senior Member
 
Drives: MK4 GTI 1.8T, MK7 Golf TDI
Location: Los Angeles
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 362
There are already a couple threads about this retrofit. They have all the information regarding part numbers and coding post install. Better to check those.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Cuzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 08:05 PM   #13
IWMTom
Senior Member
 
IWMTom's Avatar
 
Drives: Mk7 1.6 TDI Match
Location: North East England
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfPilot View Post
Anyone know the part number for the AID unit? Also, any idea of price? Alex has quoted £200 to fit and code but doesn't supply the part.



GP
5G1920791 is what I bought.
IWMTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 11:36 PM   #14
GolfPilot
Senior Member
 
GolfPilot's Avatar
 
Drives: Golf Mk7 1.4 TSi Match Edition 125PS DSG
Location: Burton on Trent
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 204
Thanks, I've had a look now at some threads regarding the retrofit.


IWMTom, how much did you pay?


GP
__________________
1.4 TSi Match Edition 125PS DSG Pacific Blue Metallic, with extras: Parking Pack, Bi-Xenons with LED DRL, Heated Steering Wheel with paddles, App Connect, Climate Control, Lane Assist/Side Scan/Dynamic Light Assist
GolfPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 11:39 PM   #15
IWMTom
Senior Member
 
IWMTom's Avatar
 
Drives: Mk7 1.6 TDI Match
Location: North East England
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfPilot View Post
Thanks, I've had a look now at some threads regarding the retrofit.


IWMTom, how much did you pay?


GP
£450 with only a few thousand miles on the dash. The problem you have, though, is that I don't believe Alex is fitting used parts anymore.
IWMTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:12 PM   #16
XM_Rocks
Senior Member
 
XM_Rocks's Avatar
 
Drives: '16 GTI SE 6MT w/ LP, PP, DCC
Location: Austin, TX
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,382
__________________
Stratified Protune | Magic/Majesty Intercooler | CSS Muffler | Folding Mirrors | Konig Ampliform 18x8.5 | MPS4S 245/40-18 | 034 Insert | Dutch Parts Splitter | MK7.5 LED Tails
XM_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.