GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 Golf GTI, Jetta GLI & Audi A3 ECU Upgrades Now Available from APR!

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
got it, there doesn't seem like any info on the FWD vs AWD specific files. I'm sure you're busy with this announcement, but would love to understand a little more about it when time permits

I apologize for that. It may not be clear. It's in the opening paragraphs: "specific tunes are available for FWD and AWD vehicles to help provide advanced grip and limited wheel spin."

FWD files limit wheel spin down low.
AWD files give it the full beans right away.

You can mix and match them if you would prefer the wheel spin. :)

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion
I apologize for that. It may not be clear. It's in the opening paragraphs: "specific tunes are available for FWD and AWD vehicles to help provide advanced grip and limited wheel spin."

FWD files limit wheel spin down low.
AWD files give it the full beans right away.

You can mix and match them if you would prefer the wheel spin. :)

Awesome, thanks, I'm excited for this. I'd love to see a dyno graph of how this looks at some point, I'm definitely interested in reducing spin, but don't want to lose overall power because I do a good amount of highway driving. Thanks!

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion
It's only in the lower gears, so it's not really easy to capture on a dyno graph so to speak.

oh wow, even better, I used to have an s2000 with nitrous and had it kick-in in 2nd gear, and for years everyone in the VAG community was like, "just flutter the pedal, partial throttle bro." This is great news, arguably making the car faster since less wheel spin. Can't wait for 2015-2018 availability.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Can you give us more details on the crackles changes? Thank you.

We made it slightly longer, but with less amplitude. Basically, it's more civilized than annoying. Knowing some of you would prefer it to be awful, we're adding a second option to make it sound like a war zone.

eXult

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI SE 6MT
Arin, would you advise an upgrade to the intercooler (FMIC or twin) with Stage 1? I live in FL so temperature is getting high these days.

I spoke to a dealership that offers the tune and they said an intercooler upgrade would actually rob me of power, which is the complete opposite I've been hearing here.

MikeGmk7

It's only in the lower gears, so it's not really easy to capture on a dyno graph so to speak.

Hi Arin,

Wondering if you could speak to what the high gear/low rpm torque limiting looks like.

I did Stage 1 low-torque 91, and I notice in 4th gear at 3000 rpm if I floor it the car bogs and the gear indicator disappears briefly. No CEL. Is that the software doing that? Never thought of 3000 rpm as being "low" rpm but I'm new to this world of tuned machines:rolleyes:

Everything else is awesome...I think you guys nailed the edge-of-traction and edge-of-clutch-damage power and torque levels!

Mike

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Arin, would you advise an upgrade to the intercooler (FMIC or twin) with Stage 1? I live in FL so temperature is getting high these days.

I spoke to a dealership that offers the tune and they said an intercooler upgrade would actually rob me of power, which is the complete opposite I've been hearing here.

I would upgrade the intercooler as early as stock. The APR Intercooler System will dramatically improve performance and will sustain power much longer.