GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help for ECS Clutch Bleeder Block and SS Clutch Line

eXult

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI SE 6MT
I've read and watched everything I could and I'm seeing conflicting info on whether I need one of those brake bleeder bottles. I am installing the ECS Clutch Bleeder Block as well as installing the ECS stainless steel clutch line (while bypassing the swirl valve).

I saw videos where they just crank the valve on top of the ECS bleeder block to release the air (while pumping the brake), but on the instruction PDF from ECS it shows requiring the brake bleeder bottle.

Can anyone clarify this for me? Thanks in advance!

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
The valve just opens so the air and fluid comes out. The bottle is used to catch the fluid and to let you be able to see the air in the line.

You can do it by just catching it but you won't be able to see the air bubbles

eXult

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI SE 6MT
The valve just opens so the air and fluid comes out. The bottle is used to catch the fluid and to let you be able to see the air in the line.

You can do it by just catching it but you won't be able to see the air bubbles

Thanks again Twist! I'll buy one on Amazon.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
I've read and watched everything I could and I'm seeing conflicting info on whether I need one of those brake bleeder bottles. I am installing the ECS Clutch Bleeder Block as well as installing the ECS stainless steel clutch line (while bypassing the swirl valve).

I saw videos where they just crank the valve on top of the ECS bleeder block to release the air (while pumping the brake), but on the instruction PDF from ECS it shows requiring the brake bleeder bottle.

Can anyone clarify this for me? Thanks in advance!

You are pumping the clutch not the brake. If you don't want to buy a bottle, get some clear hose and then feed it into any bottle (water bottle works).

20ls01

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI 2016
Are you wanting to buy those things for doing the valve delete?

Forget the stainless steel brake lines and ECS block. They won’t make any difference for your clutch feel.

As for the brake bleeding bottle, forget that too and make your own with aquarium tubing and a water bottle.

Bleeding the clutch on this car is really easy.
Fill up the fluid reservoir to the max line
Put the tubing andthe water bottle over the bleeding nipple
Have someone in the car pump the clutch about five times and hold it to the floor
Then you will open the valve for about two seconds so that the air can evacuate and then close the valve. The clutch pedal will stay on the floor after you close the valve, have that person pull it back up .
Repeat this about 6 to 7 times and you are done .

Last edited: