GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EPC light 15202 code

bobyjane1234

Passed Driver's Ed
Howdy

Currently 47k km on my 2016 gti dsg. Has Uni stage 2 with dsg tune as well.

Last night did a couple of hard pulls in 3rd and seemed to be feeling good.

This morning I was on the highway in 5th at about 3000 rpm then EPC light came up, naturally limp mode ensued and adaptive cruise control was unavailable light came on.

Stoped on the side of the road, scanned it via BlueDriver and no code showed up.

Turned the car off and back on and there wasn’t any lights on the dash. Conveniently I was headed to the shop and they scanned it and there was an unknown error p15202 (actuator module for turbo charger stuck).

Hopefully only solenoid issue and the thing isn’t completely done for.

Went back home, as soon as I got to 3000 rpm the same situation happened.

I called shop and made an appointment and Unitronic said it has nothing to do with the tune and suggested not driving the vehicle but should be ok when shop appointment is due.

I did a bit a research and someone in the ED thread had this issue but he wasn’t going in limp mode and some turbo failures on vortex.

Only mod that was done this year was an intake and changed the diverter valve to rev. D last week.

Anyone had this happen to them on similar mods, car, etc ? And what ended up happening ?

Thanks for the read!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobyjane1234

Passed Driver's Ed
Why?

Yes.

The plastic outer rim was getting cracked and felt like it was staying open for longer than normal after shifting.

Rev d fixed that until this new issue surfaced.

bobyjane1234

Passed Driver's Ed
Update: need new actuator, will be getting the CTS one. <<

bobyjane1234

Passed Driver's Ed
How did you determine that?

I did not, the shop determined that on their end. I was told ;

Voltage at idile
Adaptation test
Flapper location on idile