GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

HstephenG

Go Kart Champion
i will be purchasing a PW 2019 SE MT w. Experience package at some point. Just deciding on WHEN. Probably will depend on how good a deal I can get.

Just got this offer in person. Didn’t haggle at all because I wanted to go away and research it some more. What do we think of this for a starting point:

New 2019 SE MT w. Experience package in the Dallas - Fort Worth area
Market Price: $34,135
Discount: $3,973
Adjusted Price: $30,162
Doc Fee: $150
Tax: $1,885
Non Tax Fee: $245
Net Price: 32,443

They were pretty good to deal with, but are not my local dealer. Will likely give the guys here in town a chance. Only bad bit is that this car already had 250 miles on the clock. That is a lot of test drives! Will most likely request a different car.
Also want to try to get different wheels out of the deal. The standard wheels on the SEs are IMO the ugliest OEM you can get. Does anyone have any experience with making a wheel trade at purchase?

Thanks!

Ended up going local here in central Texas and got a deal within a few dollars of the one I had in DFW. Also was able to get black mirror caps thrown in there (fitted).

I am getting 18” silver Pretorias fitted too - didn’t get a crazy good deal on them - basically list price but no cost mounting and balancing them. The dealer was good to work with so I am happy. Will be taking the stock wheels home, haven’t worked out whether I will sell them or keep them yet.

Should get my GTI all hooked up by Monday - can’t wait!

wantone

Ready to race!
Hi folks, new member, first post, this seems a good place to start.

28,995 = 2019 Cornflower Blue GTI Rabbit Edition, 6MT
235 = Monster mats, heavy duty trunk liner, CarGo blocks
150 = Bumperdillo
150 = Luggage net
895 = Destination
--------
30,275 = Sticker price

Out the door price = 24,367 + $699 dealer processing fee + TTL.
Tim

Wow you sure purchased at the right time! Can't get that price now in the DMV area no matter the dealer.

Flippy

Ready to race!
Looking at a 2018 CPO Autobahn DSG with slightly over 7k miles on it. Dealership is asking $26,884 for the car. How does this deal look to you all? Do I have a realistic shot to go much lower than this?

Thanks for the feedback!

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Looking at a 2018 CPO Autobahn DSG with slightly over 7k miles on it. Dealership is asking $26,884 for the car. How does this deal look to you all? Do I have a realistic shot to go much lower than this?

2018 with 7k miles. Was this dealer owned or privately owned vehicle.

Flippy

Ready to race!
2018 with 7k miles. Was this dealer owned or privately owned vehicle.

I plan on finding out all the specifics tomorrow as I wasn't able to check it out in person today and ask questions. This is one of the questions I will ask. Dealer owned should probably be avoided, right?

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I plan on finding out all the specifics tomorrow as I wasn't able to check it out in person today and ask questions. This is one of the questions I will ask. Dealer owned should probably be avoided, right?

Yeah, thats what i would do.

AdrianC

2019 GTI S 6MT White Silver at Fairfield VW, Fairfield, OH
Driver Assist Package
Monster Mats
Trunk Liner and Cargo Blocks
Roadside Kit
Sticker $29,260
Discount $3900
Doc Fee $250
Price paid $25,610 + tax

There might have been a bit more to be had by threatening to walk, etc. I prefer the no confrontation, no hassle approach. Shout out to my sales guy, Marshall Miller.

Loving the car.

thomapa1

Passed Driver's Ed
Worked 2 deals in the past few months, will share here.
Due to the stalling issue on 2019 GTIs - the first car was purchased end May 2019 when there were better incentives. That car was bought back by VW and finalized another deal on a 2019 Rabbit. That one stalled during test drive as well - so we walked, but the price negotiation was settled.

#1 - purchased end March 2019
new 2019 GTI S manual with tint, monster mats, driver assistance package
Price = $29,360
Discount = -$6,900
$22,759
<also had a $500 Partner Program on top of this>
$22,259 (before TTT)
Tax = 7% = $1,334
Doc fee = $699
Filing fee = $99
Other = $41
$24,432 Out The Door

#2 - negotiated mid May 2019, less dealer discounts available
new 2019 GTI Rabbit Edition
Price = $30,390
Discount = -$5,500
$24,890 <included a $500 Partner Program>
Tax = 7% = $1,859
Doc fee = $699
Filing fee = $98
Other = $46
$27,592 Out The Door

Mid May 2019 - Ended up with a used, CPO 2018 Golf SE (that does not stall!) manual with 10k miles on it.
$24,588 (before TTT)
Tax = $1,475
Doc Fee = $698
Other = $88
$26,849 Out The Door

c0sm0s

Finally joined the GTI club! I wanted to post on my deal as well as one I worked out afterwards but didn't follow through on. All deals negotiated in Texas.

2018 CPO GTI trim level S, DSG automatic trans - purchased 5/2019
9400 mi, dealer-owned car, 10,000 mi service completed
MojoMats, CarGo blocks, tire assistance package incl.
Listed Price = $22,775
Negotiated Price = $21,555
Tax @ 6.25% = $1,347
Doc Fee = $150
Other Fees = $197
Price OTD = $23,250

2019 GTI Rabbit Edition, DSG auto trans - negotiated 5/2019
looks like Monster Mats, CarGo blocks, tire assistance package incl, but did not see sticker to confirm
Listed Price = $31,260.00
Negotiated Price = $26,260.00 (incl. VW College Grad incentive)
Tax @ 6.25% = $1,641.25
Doc Fee = $150
Non-tax Fee = $240
Price OTD = $28,291.75

If the Rabbit Edition deal had come through just a week earlier, I may have pulled the trigger. Please PM me if you want details for where I negotiated the Rabbit Edition price.

stevethechemist

2019 GTI SE DSG
-Experience package, monster mats, luggage net, roadside assist kit
$35070 MSRP
-$6050 off
-$500 SCCA partner discount
$28520 + $85 doc + TTL

Had to do standard financing for this deal

Flippy

Ready to race!
2019 GTI SE DSG
-Experience package, monster mats, luggage net, roadside assist kit
$35070 MSRP
-$6050 off
-$500 SCCA partner discount
$28520 + $85 doc + TTL

Had to do standard financing for this deal

Shit, I'd make the drive from LA for this deal. What dealer in SF did you get this from and did they order this car for you or was it on the lot? Did you finance through VW?

stevethechemist

Shit, I'd make the drive from LA for this deal. What dealer in SF did you get this from and did they order this car for you or was it on the lot? Did you finance through VW?

Serramonte VW. They had to pull it from another dealer's lot to get the color and options I wanted. Had to do the standard high rate financing to get the lowest price -- but if you can pay it off in the 4 month minimum you don't pay too much in interest.