GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Killing the basic Golf in North America

todd92

Passed Driver's Ed
GTI isn't much more than a Golf, so who is buying Golf's? Tiguan is LESS than a Alltrack, so who is buying Alltrack's?

What would be cool if these were eliminated would be to add wagon GTI's and R's. I know, not happening.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
GTI isn't much more than a Golf, so who is buying Golf's? Tiguan is LESS than a Alltrack, so who is buying Alltrack's?

What would be cool if these were eliminated would be to add wagon GTI's and R's. I know, not happening.

At the time I got my Golf, it was about $7k more (in my area) for a GTI. About $10k more for the one I actually wanted which was S PP/LP (which wasn't even available locally). Spent another $3k on coilovers, tune, wheels and I have a GTI

Litespeedgti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI S DSG
Too bad because the Golf is a good deal for fun and money savings. If I had one I would do a light tune and some good alloys and save $$$$. Love my GTI but hard to not see the value!

admiralackbar

Passed Driver's Ed
I can understand the States where everyone wants a giganto-mobile, I have a hard time seeing them pull one of the most popular cars on the road up here. So many Golfs it is not even funny. Will believe it when I see it.

What I do know is no R in Canada for 2020. That is it.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I can understand the States where everyone wants a giganto-mobile, I have a hard time seeing them pull one of the most popular cars on the road up here. So many Golfs it is not even funny. Will believe it when I see it.

What I do know is no R in Canada for 2020. That is it.

Same thing in Phoenix. I see regular Golf's all over the place and not that many GTI's. Sure seems like VW would be selling even more since other manufacturers are discontinuing small cars.