GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Performance Monitor Missing on 2019 R

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Could it be enabled in with VCDS or OBD11 like you can enable Off Road Display?

For example these are the instructions to enable Off Road Display on an MIB2 with satnav:

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?5822-Activation-of-off-road-functions

The Performance monitor cannot be enabled with any OBD tool, if it’s not already showing in the infotainment it would need a software update, there are several threads already that discuss this.

The boost gauge isn’t accurate anyway as it doesn’t take into account altitude!

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Except it's on the munroney for the 2019s as a standard feature and THAT means a lot. FTC won't like that.

It's supposed to list standard equipment but mine doesn't list the alarm.

On the 2019's does the sticker read that the performance monitor includes boost?

Urlik

Go Kart Newbie
It's supposed to list standard equipment but mine doesn't list the alarm.

On the 2019's does the sticker read that the performance monitor includes boost?

The munroney does not list all standard equipment but anything listed has to be on it. The munroney says it includes performance monitor. VW has already sent out new munroneys for cars not sold saying it will be activated later and letters saying they're working on how to get it on the cars sold.

pnwbrdr

Ready to race!
The Performance monitor cannot be enabled with any OBD tool, if it’s not already showing in the infotainment it would need a software update, there are several threads already that discuss this.

The boost gauge isn’t accurate anyway as it doesn’t take into account altitude!
Right, I believe it's because vw was selling the performance monitor as a software as a product thing, so it's locked with a code and only installed with dealer tools.

Accurate isn't the right word. The boost gauge is 100% accurate... its just not useful to most. It's reading absolute pressure, which in reality is all that the engine cares about. Unfortunately we all think about boost in relative terms, and it's relative to a pressure that varies...

AsheToo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk 7.5 GTI Autobahn
The munroney does not list all standard equipment but anything listed has to be on it. The munroney says it includes performance monitor. VW has already sent out new munroneys for cars not sold saying it will be activated later and letters saying they're working on how to get it on the cars sold.

Can you give more info about VW sending letters saying that they're working on the Performance Monitor issue?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule

That sounds great. Might be a chance older models can get it.

Urlik

Go Kart Newbie
Can you give more info about VW sending letters saying that they're working on the Performance Monitor issue?

Leader

I dropped into my dealer last week and asked them about the missing Performance Monitor (clearly ON my Monroney sticker) and they spent about 20 minutes trying to get it to work.
They had no idea it wasn’t available on my 2019 R. But, now, they’re going to ask VW about it.
I figure the more dealers corporate hears from, the sooner the fix will appear. At least that’s the hope.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leader

Follow up: I contacted VW Customer Care today (through the VW.com website) and live-chatted with a customer service rep who started a case-numbered file for me regarding the missing Performance Monitor on my car.
She indicated that VW is aware some MY 2019 Rs don't have the PM activated and that a "fix" is forthcoming. She said she would email updates to me on a weekly basis until the problem is solved.
I'd encourage anyone without the PM on their car to contact VW Customer Care so that VW knows to take care of this goof pronto.

MontrealJoker1

After writing VW Canada and going through the process of providing all required details just to get them to respond I received this answer which to put it mildly I was not satisfied with...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SRoads

Ready to race!
maybe after the 19 Rs that are supposed to have it....the 16 Rs will finally get a software update to get it...

BTD37

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Picked up my 2019 R today and I can confirm that mine DOES have the Performance Monitor