GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Returning member '15 SE

Tjbell

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE DSG
Hey all, I have returned with a '15 GTI SE 4 door.

Had a few questions on it.
I bought it CPO, but it has some mods and was tuned by Unitronics at some points (no idea how its not TD1 flagged)
It has every single receipt for every nut and bolt replaced, enthusiast owned.
sitting at 70k miles, its had 2 DSG services already.

Now, how can this thing have been tuned AND gotten a CPO? its in writing it has the 2 year 24k mile warranty.

What options are part of the SE package? so far I have seen leather, HID headlights, Fender audio.... anything else?\

I drive A LOT (read 40k a year)
Looking to go 250k miles, anything to worry about? It has a brand new VW IS20 on it now.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I'm amazed someone would trade in a vehicle like this and not sell it outright to get it's full value. I guess on the CPO they don't do a full/deep scan of the ECU and it must not have ever been in for major service/repairs.

vwGTILife

Go Kart Newbie
Congrats on the buy, i just purchased the same model and year with the performance package in november. I bought it from a dealership as well. Sitting at around 34,000 miles right now. Its an awesome car and i love it so far.

As far as the SE package im not 100% what all comes standard and what is an add on but mine has the leather seats, fender audio, keyless entry, sunroof, and lighting package. I am definitely enjoying the entire package for sure. Bought it at 30,000 miles so im due for transmission service as well as the service on the differential that came with the performance package.

I dont have an answer to your quesion about the cpo.

Happy driving, getting 250,000 miles out of it sounds great to me lets hope for the best!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ready to race!
I'm amazed someone would trade in a vehicle like this and not sell it outright to get it's full value. I guess on the CPO they don't do a full/deep scan of the ECU and it must not have ever been in for major service/repairs.
There was a cheap, manual R with 2000 miles in the lot and I couldn't help but piss more money away into this hobby :)

I figured I had to move fast so I made some compromises.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
That is interesting. So what happens if there is a major problem and they have to do a full scan? I'm betting the dealer will have to eat the cost instead of VW reimbursing them for warranty work that technically shouldn't be covered.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
That is interesting. So what happens if there is a major problem and they have to do a full scan? I'm betting the dealer will have to eat the cost instead of VW reimbursing them for warranty work that technically shouldn't be covered.

It will be up to the dealer to fix any issue with the car on the side, because if they scan it, flag it TD1 and report it to VW there's nothing you can do even with the warranty on paper.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
It will be up to the dealer to fix any issue with the car on the side, because if they scan it, flag it TD1 and report it to VW there's nothing you can do even with the warranty on paper.

The dealer told me that when they hook your car up it's automatically sending it to VW and it's VW that flags it TD1 not the dealer.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid

I'm not sure how a dealer would miss a tune while certifying it. They have to pay a fee to VW for the certification so they would be foolish not to run a deep scan especially on a GTI.

Maybe they just ignored the tune so they could sell it at a higher price.

Either way this is good news for the buyer because now he has a tuned GTI under the 2 year bumper to bumper CPO warranty lol.