GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Strange Water and Oil temp

Snowmanmk7

Passed Driver's Ed
This morning when I drive at highway, I realize the water temp was like about 70plus degree and the oil temp was also around 70plus degree.
Later part of the day while I drive, the Check Engine Light pop out. the water temp needle is at 0, not moving up at all. Oil temp still hover around 70-80.
Then I went to the workshop, while driving to the workshop, the water temp goes up again to 70plus degree while oil temp still hover around 70-80degree.
Upon reaching the workshop, found that the coolant level was a little below the Min mark. Mechanic plug in the OBD and it say coolant level low. So the mechanic top up the coolant and clear the fault code.
When I drive home, the water temp remain the same at around 70plus while the oil temp also around 70plus.
Felt it’s very strange, if coolant is low, shouldn’t the water and oil temp increase instead?

2days ago, I change the Intercooler, charge pipe and water pump

What could be wrong? Usually my water temp is around 90degree and oil temp around 95++degree...��

Last edited:

WhyNotZoidberg?

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 2015 TDI
Thermostat not closing?

Snowmanmk7

Passed Driver's Ed
This morning without starting the car, I check the coolant reservoir, the coolant level in the reservoir drop over night (after parking for about 10hrs). It’s that normal?

Navi

Autocross Champion
yes cold. Don't open that cap when the engine is hot.. it's pressurized.. You could get a nasty burn. Also some residual fluid will leak back into the overfill container when you depressurize the system.

Snowmanmk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Problem solved. Now car is back to normal. It’s Faulty thermostat control circuit. Got the whole water pump assembly replaced for a new unit. Thanks guys for the help ✌��