GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Littco L450 on it's way over the pond!

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I'm happy to record some video so people can see various aspects from daily driving to full throttle.

If there is anything specific anyone wants please let me know.

Between the turbo, tuning, supporting mods, etc it's a very significant investment so I'm happy to provide whatever info I can.

How much is littco IS38x and what kind of power would it make compared to the eqt and L450.
Are you happy with the 450?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yes, I think it's a great option for a real world street turbo. It's completely daily drivable and pulls much harder up top than an IS38.

If massive power is the goal, it's the wrong turbo...but the GTI is the wrong car for that to begin with.

Something worth noting is that our L500 uses the Sl2r turbine using in other companies hybrids. In our testing the L450 spools about 800rpm quicker compared to the L500 and this is down to the turbine.

The L500 turbine is 225g where as the L450 is 160g so over 1/3 lighter along with it's better blade design for fast spool it really is much quicker than the SL2r based turbo's. down side is that it doesn't flow as much but at the 450bhp mark it's ideal

800rpm of additional lag is most definitely a deal breaker for my wants and needs with this car.

Been down that road before with turbos that don't do anything below 5000rpm, no interest in doing it again. A "street car" sure, but a daily driver? Nope.

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
800rpm of additional lag is most definitely a deal breaker for my wants and needs with this car.

Been down that road before with turbos that don't do anything below 5000rpm, no interest in doing it again. A "street car" sure, but a daily driver? Nope.

Yep and is why I went L450. For a daily driver anything larger would likely get laggy especially up in elevation where we start with less power until boost comes on.

tytus1994

Ready to race!
I'm happy to record some video so people can see various aspects from daily driving to full throttle.

Between the turbo, tuning, supporting mods, etc it's a very significant investment so I'm happy to provide whatever info I can.

Yes, I think it's a great option for a real world street turbo. It's completely daily drivable and pulls much harder up top than an IS38.

If massive power is the goal, it's the wrong turbo...but the GTI is the wrong car for that to begin with.

I appreciate all your feedback. Do you think the investment is worth it over say the is38x? My GTI lease is coming to a end and I'm going to buy a used GTI or R most likely a GTI. (IS38x option would be for the GTI) I just get nervous that the power will be really hard to put to the ground in the GTI and that's why I was rethinking maybe doing the IS38X. I will say I'm super excited that we have all the options and that we have the opportunity to be even having these discussions.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Yep and is why I went L450. For a daily driver anything larger would likely get laggy especially up in elevation where we start with less power until boost comes on.

800??? The EQT must spool better than their 500 with that much additional lag...

railroader

Autocross Newbie
800??? The EQT must spool better than their 500 with that much additional lag...
It does, the eqt is a little smaller than the 500

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie

Here is a dyno comparing eqt and tomi with mild boost compared to is38 on kill mode. With proper tuning the larger turbos can spool well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
That looks awesome Hoon.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Here is a dyno comparing eqt and tomi with mild boost compared to is38 on kill mode. With proper tuning the larger turbos can spool well.

My eqt is going on the dyno tomorrow, 91 pump/meth

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion

railroader

Autocross Newbie

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
My eqt is going on the dyno tomorrow, 91 pump/meth

Oops. posted wrond dyno. That is is38 on e40. I have to find the kill mode dyno but I believe power matched the bigger turbos.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Oops. posted wrond dyno. That is is38 on e40. I have to find the kill mode dyno but I believe power matched the bigger turbos.
Here it is.