GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RS3 Brake Deflectors

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
No..
Agree - If you remove them it will increase cooling. I use my Golf R in the winter on salty roads so I want to keep the shields. When I replaced the front discs I have a slight memory that they were just fastened with a couple of screws from outside.

/Peter

The ducts direct air toward the front edge of the brake disc.
This area does not have the brake shield so air gets to the disc.
Removing shield may or may not help but as far as the duct the shield in place is OK. I think.

drrck

Go Kart Champion
Had my first HPDE with these installed, it was 90F which is quite hot for Michigan. Despite the heat my brakes were better than ever. I didn't laser the rotors but they seemed to be a bit cooler post cooldown lap than they were without the deflectors.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Hey thanks for the update.

I need to get mine installed. Been working on my regular track car, but I’m looking forward to trying these on the GTi at the track.

DAS_STIG

Banned
Can say that my brakes survived my first real track day. Was cook out so I'm sure that helped (mid 60s most of day and raining). On my last/fastest lapping session it was completely dry and I had no brake fade (non-PP).

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
Just installed mine last week (super easy, clip right into place, no trimming required) and drove with them on track yesterday. Huge difference in overall brake temps IMO. No-brainer mod for track driving if you ask me. Thanks to Dybz for putting me on to these.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Has anyone fitted these to SuperPro lower front control arms?

Last edited:

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
Yes. I made a bracket from Al that attached to the LCA using the holes for the DCC bracket. I attached the duct to the bracket. You probably could use the zip ties that come with the duct. I had to do some cutting to make it fit . Sorry, I don’t have any photos at this time.

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
Is the mod just for the front calipers? or do you guys have this on the rear as well?

I've not seen any. IMHO, they're not needed. I've not had any on-track rear brake issues.

Swoope

Ready to race!
have not done this mod, but it is in my future.

and i dont know, but i think you need to swap sides on your ducts. the cupped part should face forward.

as i said, just looking at photos. i could be wrong.

beers

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
and i dont know, but i think you need to swap sides on your ducts. the cupped part should face forward.

as i said, just looking at photos. i could be wrong.

beers

I thought the same thing, but after giving it a long look, it looks correct.

Swoope

Ready to race!
ahhhh,

a lighting trick! i will admit last night cocktails were involved. ;)

beers