GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Am I Rice If ...?

Square1

Go Kart Champion
My eyes almost started bleeding, but not as badly as when I saw that poor red GTI with front and aft canards and a crap load of other stuff. People, I implore you, don't do this kind of stuff to your cars.
The thing about car culture is every one has their own taste and to me that makes it interesting. My wife and I laugh at people's cars all the time and say "can you believe it costed money to do that?". The way I see it to each their own ..... and if you all had perfect taste all your cars would look exactly like mine. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
10.5" wide wheels up front, because traction. Tow strap attached to the grill. Jdm muffler sticking out, too low and at a 60 degree angle.

There's rice. Then there just ignorance.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
I just look back and remember all the crap that used to be on people's cars when I was young (think around the time the first fast and furious came out). This is nothing compared to then.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Rice is calling wheels by the term "rims"

Jarbear

Ready to race!

Wide front wheels, dingleberry tow loop, that dreadful exhaust, "no good racing" sticker..

He's trying to be a Kanjo racer. Known for racing their civics down the Wangan highway in Japan. Also known for making civics look like this lol

To their credit, some of these litte civics can rip.

jeffkro

Go Kart Champion
Wide front wheels, dingleberry tow loop, that dreadful exhaust, "no good racing" sticker..

He's trying to be a Kanjo racer. Known for racing their civics down the Wangan highway in Japan. Also known for making civics look like this lol

My understanding is that there are speed cameras all over Japan so there is no racing down any Japanese hwy. Also makes you wonder if the speed cameras killed the Japanese enthusiast market, kind of the opposite of the autobahn.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
My understanding is that there are speed cameras all over Japan so there is no racing down any Japanese hwy. Also makes you wonder if the speed cameras killed the Japanese enthusiast market, kind of the opposite of the autobahn.

Racing in Japan is not normally done on highways, but on the less maintained, poorly lit and rarely patrolled mountain roads. There is a huge drift community in Japan, as well as lots of back country roads to race on. Drifting normally takes place in parking lots off the mountain roads. It has got to the point where the police are fine with it, as long as the groups stay inside the parking lots. The police are more concerned with the actual street racers. Plenty of youtube videos to show all this. The Aussie youtubers Might Car Mods have plenty of videos of the scene in Japan. They roll with the 88's, a drift crew.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

I'll take the black ek hatch.