GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Replaced intake manifold today

railroader

Autocross Newbie
For the last few weeks I had been getting the p2004 code for intake manifold flap stuck open so today I finally pulled it off and put the new one on, while I had it apart I also cleaned all the carbon off the valves, was not to bad, car has 26k on it, been running meth for about 15k,. The job was easy to do and probably took longer cleaning the valves than taking it apart, got it all back together and so far no code yet.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I keep putting it off, but I need to check mine.

65k and knock on wood it’s never had a single issue, got 34mpg driving to Cary, NC and back Saturday for BFI Oktoberfest so I guess it cant be too bad

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I keep putting it off, but I need to check mine.

65k and knock on wood it’s never had a single issue, got 34mpg driving to Cary, NC and back Saturday for BFI Oktoberfest so I guess it cant be too bad
That's pretty good. I wouldn't have touched mine yet had I not been throwing the code, the code would only come on like once or twice a week but I hate have a check engine like on, drives me crazy. Its a real easy job to do.

railroader

Autocross Newbie

Hans

Ready to race!
What was the p/n for the new piece? Thanks

railroader

Autocross Newbie
What was the p/n for the new piece? Thanks
Intake manifold part #06L133201BB

railroader

Autocross Newbie
nice. I'm gonna do it this weekend....seems simple enough. Does the car run smoother now?
A bit but probably more due to the runner flaps operating the way they should.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
That looks like a lot for 26k miles, now I wanna check mine since I'm at 42k miles.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
That looks like a lot for 26k miles, now I wanna check mine since I'm at 42k miles.

Same milage as you and I'm also curious, even though it seems to run just fine. Has anyone figured out a good scope + method for getting a good look without taking the manifold off? Iirc the flaps and other things make scoping not straightforward.

Will probably clean via chems and elbow grease vs blast when the time comes. 4 ports conveniently facing you shouldn't take very long or be especially annoying.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Shoulda MPId that bish while you had it off......
Would love to if I only had the extra money, rather get a bigger turbo first before I pop my is38 lol. Also in a couple years I plan on getting an R, maybe a R420 if vw makes it and makes it available for the states....doubt it but hopefully lol

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Same milage as you and I'm also curious, even though it seems to run just fine. Has anyone figured out a good scope + method for getting a good look without taking the manifold off? Iirc the flaps and other things make scoping not straightforward.

Will probably clean via chems and elbow grease vs blast when the time comes. 4 ports conveniently facing you shouldn't take very long or be especially annoying.
Its extremely easy to remove, took longer cleaning the valves up than removal of intake