GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

Old 08-31-2018, 01:10 AM   #86
gboticus

Drives: 2015 GTI MK7 PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosCanizares View Post
I just noticed your sig! Quite amazing! Have they been able to unlock LFB? Last time I asked Darryl about it, they hadn’t at that point.

Did you also need upgraded fueling components?

Hows the chatter on the SB Stage 2 Daily?
Fueling and block are stock, haven't needed to upgrade... yet

Good question, not a skill I've put to practice (shameful I know) so can't say.

Feel free to message me, happy to talk.
HPA Hybrid IS38, Wagner IC, CTS engine/trans mounts, HPA dog bone insert, APR intake, Neuspeed discharge pipe, CTS TIP, HPA downpipe, Remus cat-back exhaust, Racingline catch-can, Neuspeed short shifter, Michelin PSS 235/40/R18, HPA BBK Front & Rears, KW V3 coilovers, 24mm H&R RSB, Vorshlag camber plates, Southbend Stage 2 Daily clutch.
gboticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 02:11 AM   #87
Derushi

Drives: 2016 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by gboticus View Post
Using HPA's tune. Makes 392HP on US92 with a lot of head room if you wanna build the engine.

For Golf R's, their tune makes up to 450HP though.
Insane... how's the spool compared to the standard IS38?
Old 08-31-2018, 02:19 AM   #88
gboticus

Drives: 2015 GTI MK7 PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derushi View Post
Insane... how's the spool compared to the standard IS38?
I don't have a reference point, came from a GTI and came from is20.

Boost comes on much later compared to the is20 but is expected. Their product page has the dyno sheet of you want to take a look.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
HPA Hybrid IS38, Wagner IC, CTS engine/trans mounts, HPA dog bone insert, APR intake, Neuspeed discharge pipe, CTS TIP, HPA downpipe, Remus cat-back exhaust, Racingline catch-can, Neuspeed short shifter, Michelin PSS 235/40/R18, HPA BBK Front & Rears, KW V3 coilovers, 24mm H&R RSB, Vorshlag camber plates, Southbend Stage 2 Daily clutch.
gboticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 05:02 AM   #89
deadlly4

Drives: Golf MK7.5
Hey I'm from Surrey here, I picked up a black 2018 Trendline a few weeks ago, I've always wanted a Golf, GTI and R were out of the question at the time but I'll definitely be looking to get one at some point. I'm looking for any upkeep tips or mods I can do to my little base car. I am still relatively new to owning a car so I want to make sure I know the right stuff to take care of my car.
deadlly4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 05:41 AM   #90
Clem604

Drives: 2018 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlly4 View Post
Hey I'm from Surrey here, I picked up a black 2018 Trendline a few weeks ago, I've always wanted a Golf, GTI and R were out of the question at the time but I'll definitely be looking to get one at some point. I'm looking for any upkeep tips or mods I can do to my little base car. I am still relatively new to owning a car so I want to make sure I know the right stuff to take care of my car.
Mods I would recommend but aren't totally necessary:

Various VCDS/OBD11 Modifications (Remote windows, disabling seatbelt chime, etc.)

If you want more power look into a Burger Tuning JB1/JB4 piggyback for power increases of up to 35whp and 45wtq. http://www.burgertuning.com/vw_volks...JB1_tuner.html

DG Springs (OEM VW accessory) to lower your car from 1-1.25inches

Happy modding and welcome to the VW family!
JB1/Majesty Intercooler/034 Dogbone Mount/034 Engine+Transmission Mounts/APR Pendulum Mount/K&N Drop In Filter/APR Turbo Inlet Pipe/Remus Axleback/Neuspeed Short Shifter/42 DD Shifter Bushings/ECS Clutch Bleeder Block/ECS SS Clutch Line-DG Springs/H&R 24mm RSB/EBC Redstuff Pads/18x8 OZ Alleggerita/Riken Raptor 235/40/18
Clem604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 01:09 PM   #91
deadlly4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem604 View Post
Mods I would recommend but aren't totally necessary:

Various VCDS/OBD11 Modifications (Remote windows, disabling seatbelt chime, etc.)

If you want more power look into a Burger Tuning JB1/JB4 piggyback for power increases of up to 35whp and 45wtq. http://www.burgertuning.com/vw_volks...JB1_tuner.html

DG Springs (OEM VW accessory) to lower your car from 1-1.25inches

Happy modding and welcome to the VW family!
Thanks for the reply, I will definitely be looking into some of those, I currently need to replace the rear badge as being new to cars and not knowing what I was doing I tried removing it so I could plastidip it and I chewed up the plastic with a flathead screwdriver. The only decent looking replacement I can find is at Deutsche Auto Parts and it's something like $100. Otherwise VW says I have to buy the whole assembly for something like $800...
Old 10-04-2018, 05:08 PM   #92
nype

Drives: 2016 GTI Performance - DSG - Carbon Grey w/Leather
Quote:
Thanks for the reply, I will definitely be looking into some of those, I currently need to replace the rear badge as being new to cars and not knowing what I was doing I tried removing it so I could plastidip it and I chewed up the plastic with a flathead screwdriver. The only decent looking replacement I can find is at Deutsche Auto Parts and it's something like $100. Otherwise VW says I have to buy the whole assembly for something like $800...

Which part is needing to be replaced? Just the chrome emblem and itís thin plastic backing? Or the underlying handle/housing itself?
nype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 10:56 PM   #93
deadlly4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nype View Post
Which part is needing to be replaced? Just the chrome emblem and itís thin plastic backing? Or the underlying handle/housing itself?
Just the Chrome logo and plastic piece
Old 10-05-2018, 01:38 AM   #94
nype

Drives: 2016 GTI Performance - DSG - Carbon Grey w/Leather
Quote:
Just the Chrome logo and plastic piece

Dealership sells them for under $40. The backing comes with the emblem. I bought from the dealership for my GTI.
nype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 07:27 PM   #95
deadlly4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nype View Post
Dealership sells them for under $40. The backing comes with the emblem. I bought from the dealership for my GTI.
That is so weird, the dealership I talked to told me I needed to buy the whole assembly for $750, maybe I'll have to go visit one or something, I talked to the guy over the phone so maybe he misunderstood me.
Old Today, 05:50 AM   #96
Tooly

Drives: 2018 GTI Autobahn w/cloth 6spd
You guys see this thread over on RevScence?

https://www.revscene.net/forums/7153...ike-candy.html

Apparently the VPD is issuing VI's like crazy, even hitting bone stock cars and telling them to get inspections because some guy got a VI ticket and decided to doxx the cop who wrote the ticket by posting his personal FB and IG profiles.
Tooly is offline   Reply With Quote