GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI rims are too young for me...

halbrikj

I have a 2012 GTI (as seen in picture below), which I really like, save for one thing, i.e., the rims. Don't get me wrong, when I first got it, I thought the rims were really cool, and they still are, however, over the past few years I've gotten a few years older, i.e., pushing 50, and such "cool" rims don't really suit me that well anymore.

I know this is a shot in the dark, but if there's Golf owner somewhere in So. Cal. with standard Golf rims, or even a GTI owner with "more conservative" rims, I'd be willing to talk about a trade.

Anyhoo, thanks for reading.

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
The Detroit rims are very GTI related, one of the most beautiful rims VW ever made.
I got one extra rim left over (refurbished) after I sold my mk6. I made a café table of it. OP can make 4 tables…

I'm a boy of 64...:D:D.

Pic from my office:

Attachments

• DET1.jpg
    DET1.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 1,060
  • DET2.jpg
    DET2.jpg
    425 KB · Views: 1,030

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I bought my mk6 when I was 20 and hated the Detroits. Traded them for some Borbets then BBS LM reps.

summary of the poem spring by william blake

Unfortunately as with the mk7 Austin’s the mk6 Detroit have next to no value even in perfect condition because there’s a million of them out there. High supply and no demand.

Your best bet is store your Detroit’s for when you sell the car and buy whatever suits you

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
A guy in PA has a set of these for sale, but you might need spacers to get them to fit properly:

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
OP - show us some pics or give names of OEM wheels you find ok. I never could stand those style Denver/Detroit wheels (or whatever they are). I think they are fugly. But being in SOCAL - I know for sure you can find a set of wheels in no time at all.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
18"-Durbans
17"-Portos

bionicfemur

I agree with OP. I purchased my GTI a couple of months ago and the Austin wheels were the one thing I didn't like about it. I ended up purchasing a set of Bristol wheels and some may disagree but I think they look a lot better. Still has an OEM look without the "flashiness".