GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 Exhaust Tech. How to get the sound you want.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I thought I’ve seen several people fit 17930 successfully? So the pipe you sell includes the 17950, but does it step down to 2.5 to fit to the OEM muffler?

I’ve installed 17930, here’s pictures. It’s slip fit over real 2.5” though not OEM size tubing

the negro speaks of rivers by langston hughes analysis

As for my bolt on 17950 midpipe it’s made to bolt onto the OEM catback, so yes it reduces to 2.5”. You also have the option for it to have a 2.5” inlet so swapping between stock and aftermarket downpipes stays simple (pictured below) OR a 3” inlet for a unrestricted transition from a 3” downpipe.

how to delete your runescape account

Ideally my midpipe and downpipe would be ordered at the same time so the downpipe ends in 3” and the midpipe starts in 3” to match.

Last edited:

Hockey

Ready to race!
Interesting, check out this video, what’s the rest of your set up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxUMGzohOZU

I’m thinking of mirroring this set up except adding a vibrant 1118 to quiet things down even more.

I assume the car in the video has an aftermarket DP?

I've replaced my resonator with the Viberant 17950 and also have a muffler delete. The rest is stock including the DP. My mods are listed in my sig for more info.

I'm sure if I were to add a DP now I would get the pops back but I would also need a muffler back on. Besides, I'm happy with my cars current power.

chuppychup

Out of curiosity, why 034 and not IE? Similar designs..

I think 034 ones was released much earlier ? its a full cast stainless steel down pipe and it fits both AWD and FWD cars and TIG welded. The performance aspect review of it is pretty detailed with dynos done and etc. This got me sold. Moreoever, I have a friend that is running on the same downpipe on a Mk7R, so yeah thats why it got selected. :D

chuppychup

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading for sometime hoping to get the exhaust sound that I am looking for. I am actually new to exhaust modifications and have been using systems from Remus, Fox and etc in the past. Now, I am trying to see if I could get what I want from the stock system.

Would appreciate everyone's inputs and guidance on this ! :)

Currently, I am trying the below mentioned set up,

1) 034 catted downpipe
2) Factory resonator delete
3) Factory muffler delete

The sound is pretty awesome. Except that i do hear constant low humming noises in the cabin. They usually occur at the low speeds of 0km/hr to 50km/hr.

Once I am travelling on the highways, the noise would be gone, usually in the speeds of 70km/hr to 100km/hr.

I was wondering, would the problem be with the factory resonator delete ? If I installed a Vibrant 17930, would it improve the situation ? Is any one running on a similar set up that could advice on this ?

any 1 has any opnions ?

snakcaz

Ready to race!
Currently got a CTS catted dp with stock res. And muffler.

Just bought a CSS muffler. Hoping to replace the stock muffler.

I've already read that its going to drone. So if the drone gets that bad,

Then would I order the 2.5" 17930 vibrant res?

Or with new info, is it just better to somehow fit the 3" 17950 vibrant res now?

Im also stage 2 unitronic with overrun/crackle.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
2.5, get the one for the size pipe you have.

You need new piping in and out so might as well start with 3” at the 3” downpipe and run a 17950. Then reduce back to 2.5” after

Or just go for the bolt on version available with 2.5 or 3” inlet and take the guess work out.

I’ve gone over this before, but the OEM tubing is just slightly oversized to slip fit 2.5” ID like the 17930

Koolaid1

I am looking at picking up a 3.5" CTS Turbo downpipe and keeping the exhaust system stock for now. Eventually going with the AWE tuning touring catback system. You mentioned for the 2.5" exhaust pick up the Vibrant 17930. With a 3.5" downpipe will that not work?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I am looking at picking up a 3.5" CTS Turbo downpipe and keeping the exhaust system stock for now. Eventually going with the AWE tuning touring catback system. You mentioned for the 2.5" exhaust pick up the Vibrant 17930. With a 3.5" downpipe will that not work?

The part linked just above your post will work

DP03

Ready to race!

You will love the AWE catback. It's great!