GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Downpipes!

nate704

Go Kart Champion
I am sure that AWE CBE comes with either 3" to 3" or 3" to 2.5" (stock diameter) adapter, so that you can connect the CBE to either stock DP or aftermarket DP (usually 3").

pieguy

Ready to race!
Can't speak for the APR, but I just installed the 3.5" CTS catted and it's quite noticeably louder than stock. It has a much deeper rumble. No way this thing will pass California smog unless the smog shop does not give a crap.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
A member from Brazil recently swapped a CTS woth an APR.
He said the APR is quieter.
I also have the APR installed and its not obnoxious at all.

I did the same thing. The APR is a very high quality piece. When you consider the cost of the cat when it's on sale it's actually not that overpriced at all..

I also will argue forever that different dp materials and I.d. seem to produce different sounding notes. I.E. the Apr is a thick, cast design - much deeper and burbley than a CTS that is more crackley and higher pitched imho.

AlphaGypsy

Ready to race!
Running a full AWE TBE (track, not touring) and I’m GIAC stage 2. I’ve had the CBE for 2 years now and the DP for a few months now. Personally the CBE was too quiet and didn’t change the exhaust note at all, which I guess is to be expected. With the DP it became much deeper, but still feels a bit quiet and not as deep for my tastes. Idk if that has anything to do with the fact that it isn’t a full 3” system all the way back. CTS and Unitronic definitely seems to make it deeper and louder but the quality of AWE is amazing. Stainless steel all the way and no CEL, at least with the stage 2 tune. Pretty happy with it.

Crackness1

Ready to race!
I opted for an MAP Gesi Catted and resonated DP w/ stock exhaust. Performs great, no drone, sounds great where you want it to sound great (no difference to my ears vs stock below 2.5k rpm, definitely louder 3k+).

No CEL on mine w/out a spacer, running JB4 (and it's not set to autoclear CEL either). Thumbs up from me.

Kip2MyLou

Ready to race!
Got Unitronic's DP during their last promotion and love the sound. Slight drone on throttle at around 80, which I'm never cruising at so that's not a problem.

I bought their full TBE but the exhaust doesn't fit the mk7.5 so I had to return the exhaust and just kept the DP connected to the stock exhaust.

I loved the sound of the full TBE, and hope they release it for my car.

d1ngleberry

Passed Driver's Ed
I opted for an MAP Gesi Catted and resonated DP w/ stock exhaust. Performs great, no drone, sounds great where you want it to sound great (no difference to my ears vs stock below 2.5k rpm, definitely louder 3k+).

No CEL on mine w/out a spacer, running JB4 (and it's not set to autoclear CEL either). Thumbs up from me.

Thanks for posting. This is the DP I've had my eye on since it ticks all the same boxes as the AWE DP at a fraction of the cost.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
I have an ebay downpipe, heatwrapped, with a Vibrant J spacer middle insert facing upstream. No check engine light, well worth the money.