GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Upgrade From Composition Media To Discover Navigation

Irmscher

I have same problem.

Car came original without navi, I bought screen + unit MIB2, gps and sc card, went to VW dealer, they remove CP, navi worked until I didn't switch off car, now it doen't start, if I disconnect/connect unit screen works, navi no (please insert ....) until switch off car.

Any solutions/help ?

ofektal8

Passed Driver's Ed
I have same problem.

Car came original without navi, I bought screen + unit MIB2, gps and sc card, went to VW dealer, they remove CP, navi worked until I didn't switch off car, now it doen't start, if I disconnect/connect unit screen works, navi no (please insert ....) until switch off car.

Any solutions/help ?
As said before, if you didnt have nav from factory, you will need to hack your current system.
the options will be open when CP Is Active. after its removed you will only have what you got from factory.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

ofektal8

Passed Driver's Ed
You mean hack unit or car system?

Who can hack?

Check PM :)
You Need to take the unit thats In The Glovebox, and give it to someone who can hack it. I Dont really know who does that because I dont live in the US. but do your research[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Camarao69

Passed Driver's Ed
Fantastic. I wish I'd known that before buying a screen and main unit and a GPS antenna and a Fakra lead and two sets of radio release keys and then removing the old unit and fitting the replacement unit and then paying to have component protection removed. The whole point of this was to add navigation to this car. Total waste of time and money it would seem.

There is definitely no way to get navigation working on a genuine (non hacked) Discover Navigation unit taken from a car that came with navigation from the factory and has been then fitted into a car that did not have navigation from the factory?
Hello did you hack the unit ?