Tough guy or waver?

• Tough Guy

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Waver

Votes: 220 78.9%

• Total voters

adam1991

Banned
Well whaddya know? I got a nod from a guy in an R today. We made eye contact from opposing sides of a stop light. I thought it was going to turn out to be a tough guy stand off, but as the light turned green we gave each other the “V”.

As long as you didn't give each other the "D".

Oscar LaVista

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE 6MT
Got my first wave today. Reminded me how I missed the wave from when I had my motorcycle.

I got my first GTI wave the other day. I ride a motorcycle too, so there's always waving, but the last time I had a car wave I was a teenage MG-B owner in the 1980s, so it was still surprisingly special.

frailingbanjo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE 6MT
Up from NC visiting my family in Wisconsin. Driving my mother's Ford Exploder, so would be a little weird to wave.

Did see a fellow in a parking lot with a new Autobahn. Told him I had a '16 SE manual in Western NC. We got to talking about mods and mods planned.

He had his teenage daughter with him. Said he got the Autobahn with a manual for her to learn to drive. What a dad! I learned to drive a manual on a '79 Plymouth Horizon

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

TheSkeptic

Ready to race!
PNW driver here. Portland area, specifically. You'd think in the town which prides itself on being weird that most VW owners would be inclined to wave or throw up the "V", and you'd be wrong. Like others have said, I don't bother with average VW models since it's obviously just a car and nothing more to them. When I do make a gesture, it's to anyone in an obviously modded dub, and pretty much every GTI and R that I encounter. It is seldom returned.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Eman1

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI
I’ve been waving much more recently and generally get something in return 2/3 times. Not all that many GTI’s (and especially R’s) running around Phoenix though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk