GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How many of you are worried about your Mk7 reliability?

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I'm not too terribly worried about reliability. I'm only 7400 miles in and have plenty of warranty left. I've have multiple VW's and one Audi B5 S4 and I've put over 100k on all of them with minimal problems. I still have my 2011 Mk6 wagon that my dads currently driving. Only times it had to go to the dealer was a latch that broke a couple years ago that cost $250...and at 40k it went for a MAP sensor recall.

Last VW I sold was a 2011 Jetta sedan that had about 77k on the clock. That has been solid too. Just basic maintenance. Sold it in 2017...never even changed the brake pads.

From my own experiences...my past three VW's all have been rock solid reliable.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Connecting rod 3 just made a rapid escape from my buddy's bone stock '18 STI.

The new EJs are failing left and right.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG

Couldn't stop laughing at this just now.

But in all seriousness, I'm not too worried. I only have 10k miles on my Mk7 so far and zero issues. I believe most cars are very reliable if treated well. I always do maintenance on time and am very careful about letting the car properly warm up, cool down, etc. I've never had any issues that I didn't cause with the three cars I've had previously. Conversely, my housemate has had a lot of issues with her 06 Passat, but seeing how she treats it, I'm not surprised at all.

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, while some cars do have issues, and some brands, too, perhaps, most of the time it seems way too many people view automotive maintenance and proper operation as purely optional.

Gunter

Passed Driver's Ed
After my Jeep lemon and the Chevy lemon before that no. The rattle from the sunroof does concern me but everything else is good . I’d like to put 200K on it