• Total voters

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
No doubt.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Received a couple of "V's" or haves from GTI drivers in the past few weeks.
A guy in an R flashed me a "V" just today.
An R.
So no uppity R attitude.

RebelGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
Welp I saw a Beetle inching out into the intersection (red light for his side) today. Looked at the driver and it was a long haired dude with a bushy mustache :D

Hahaha :D
I know they say correlation does not prove causation but I mean c'mon now.

RebelGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed

plastermaster

Passed Driver's Ed
I haven't waved or been waved at after purchasing my Golf a few months ago. Seems there are just too many cars on the road around here. But, back in 2000-2008 I had a Karmann Ghia that I restored/customized and it was rare us Ghias didn't wave. Unfortunately I had to sell in 08 when the recession hit.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I think all aircooled people beep or wave at each other. I had a Ghia as well. Lots of fond memories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RogueGTI

Ready to race!
Curious topic. There are so many GTI and VWs on the road, it just doesnt make that much sense to me to wave. I dont view it as remarkable that another person would choose to drive an excellent and ubiquitous car such as this. That said im friendly and would happily strike up a conversation in a parking lot.

Now, owning a Mk1 MR2, I give "the sign" even when im not driving mine. Those are fairly rare and special cars nowadays. Of course, half the ones on the roads, the owners probably don't realize that.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I honestly don't see that many GTIs on the road. Not like its uncommon, but it's extremely minimal effort to wave to the ones I do see :D

ThatWhiteRabbit

Passed Driver's Ed
Curious topic. There are so many GTI and VWs on the road, it just doesnt make that much sense to me to wave.

Solution for those of you in this predicament: lop off a mannequin arm and attach it by the fingertips to the headliner of your VW--you'll always seem to be "waving" no matter the driving conditions.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Well whaddya know? I got a nod from a guy in an R today. We made eye contact from opposing sides of a stop light. I thought it was going to turn out to be a tough guy stand off, but as the light turned green we gave each other the “V”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk