GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Only 1 speaker working... Help!

littlejuanito

Hello. I was initially having the issue where there’s absolutely no sound at all, then suddenly the music comes back as if nothing happened... but now I’m having a different problem.

I’m only getting sound from the drivers side mid/tweeter but nothing from the rest of the system including the helix sub.

The fader/balance does not work either, as if it’s stuck on that one speaker only.

I’ve also tried resetting battery to no avail.

What gives?

Bakili

Ready to race!
Did this happen after Helix install? Try to reverting back to original, if everything works with original set up then it will be down to Helix amp. Have you also checked wiring to amp?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Hello. I was initially having the issue where there’s absolutely no sound at all, then suddenly the music comes back as if nothing happened... but now I’m having a different problem.

I’m only getting sound from the drivers side mid/tweeter but nothing from the rest of the system including the helix sub.

The fader/balance does not work either, as if it’s stuck on that one speaker only.

I’ve also tried resetting battery to no avail.

What gives?

VCDS scan?

littlejuanito

Update:

All speakers work now as so does the fader/Balance. I turned the car off, came back 30 min later, turned it on and everything was back to normal.

This system is so weird I swear. Anyhow, thanks guys.

DE3OIT

Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTI
This isn’t normal. Again, either your harness isn’t fully plugged in, or you have your cables crimped somewhere.
I have same problem and need your counsel where you think where it can crimped cable? there is a place where is often crimped? or it dosen't matter anywhere can crimped?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I have same problem and need your counsel where you think where it can crimped cable? there is a place where is often crimped? or it dosen't matter anywhere can crimped?

Welcome to the forum. Good job on using the search function. Since the last post was almost 3 years ago you might want to start a new thread.