GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2 in 1 Engine Treatment? Skip the DSG service?

VdubbinCT

Ready to race!
Dealer recommends 2 in1 treatment for $50 every 2 or 3 oil changes. They also said can skip the $400-500 DSG service at 40,000 and do it at 80,000 if I do the transmission flush and fill atleast, at 40000 for around $250ish.

Anyone ever try the 2 in 1, does it help the engine and really clean it out and keep it fresh? and has anyone skipped DSG and went with flush and fill?

Jacobmk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI S 4dr DSG
Skip the 2 in 1 thing and just buy some gumout, and absolutely do the dsg service at 40k if it’s the 6 speed.

VdubbinCT

Ready to race!
Skip the 2 in 1 thing and just buy some gumout, and absolutely do the dsg service at 40k if it’s the 6 speed.

It is the DSG 6 speed. But why would they say can skip it and get away with an tranny flush and fill. The service guy says its just the DSG cleans everything out but the important thing is the transmission and can do that for now and DSG at 80,000. Seems as maybe an attempt to get more money in the end as DSG would do clean everything flush and fill

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Dealer is asking you to do something which is not recommended by VW and skip things which is recommended by the manufacturer!? I wonder what would be their call if you had skipped the 40k service as they recommended and you have a transmission issue within your warranty time period.

I would say good bye to that dealership.

Jacobmk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI S 4dr DSG
It is the DSG 6 speed. But why would they say can skip it and get away with an tranny flush and fill. The service guy says its just the DSG cleans everything out but the important thing is the transmission and can do that for now and DSG at 80,000. Seems as maybe an attempt to get more money in the end as DSG would do clean everything flush and fill

Cuz they know if you don’t change it at 40k the trans will grenade just after the warranty ends. :D

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Not only a new dealer but I would let VW know about that.

Exactly this^
I’m sure they shouldn’t be advising customers to skip manufacturer set service intervals, where would you stand should the transmission have problems.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Does a flush and fill use new oil or do they re fill with the original oil??

On a side note, the DSG service is a set price of £199 at all VW dealers in the UK, most of that cost being the oil itself! $400-$500 seems a little steep to me, are they possibly quoting an inflated price to make their ‘service’ appear more tempting!

cb1111

Dealer is asking you to do something which is not recommended by VW and skip things which is required by the manufacturer!? I wonder what would be their call if you had skipped the 40k service as they recommended and you have a transmission issue within your warranty time period.

I would say good bye to that dealership.
Fixed it for you.