GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 SportWagen S 4Motion Stage 3 IS38 6spd

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Nice...you still on 288mm front discs?...

Can't find the 312mm conversion in your list....& with the more power...

mcl_sean

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GSW S 4Motion
Nice...you still on 288mm front discs?...

Can't find the 312mm conversion in your list....& with the more power...
Yes, still running stock brakes. No issues so far but I don't track it or drive like a nut. Also want to continue running 16" winter wheels/tires, any suggestions for fit?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Yes, still running stock brakes. No issues so far but I don't track it or drive like a nut. Also want to continue running 16" winter wheels/tires, any suggestions for fit?

16" should fit over the 312mm discs easy..I have loads of room on my 17" rims....

& I cooked my 288mm discs after 2hrs of back country driving in autumn..last steep hill descent about 6miles from home....total loss of front brakes on last sharp bend...that was fun!!...or NOT....even after 6miles of cooling they were still roasting hot when I parked up....312mm discs...no problems..mind you the added cooling from the Audi ducts also helps...:cool:

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie

Installed S&B Filters cold air intake today, went in smooth as butter. Really happy with initial spin around the block, noticeable difference in throttle response. Now I just need to tint the cover to take the edge off that bright white filter.

ok now this is just eye candy! Love it!! (Sad that you covered it up tbh)

and as far as the plastic (tiguan etc) battery cover goes, doesn't look like there will be enough room with that new intake there unfortunately.

Keep up the great work!!

Last edited:

mcl_sean

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GSW S 4Motion
ok now this is just eye candy! Love it!! (Sad that you covered it up tbh)

and as far as the plastic (tiguan etc) battery cover goes, doesn't look like there will be enough room with that new intake there unfortunately.

Keep up the great work!!
You'll be happy to hear I peeled the vinyl wrap off the intake, too good looking to keep hidden. [emoji16]

Yes, intake takes up so much room that I've run into a couple cosmetic mods that couldn't happen due to space restrictions. That's alright though, function wins every time in my book.

And thank you, appreciate the kind words.

mcl_sean

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GSW S 4Motion

Pretty stoked with the look of the BEC Autoparts (Ed's Reps) MK7 R headlights, much better than the stock halogens. And output from the HIDs crushes OE, can actually see the road when I'm driving at night. Crazy.

Last edited:

mcl_sean

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GSW S 4Motion

When exhaust and intake aren't enough and you need your car to make more noise, Forge BOV! Psshhh! Easy DIY install once you remove intake to make room to work. FYI, if you're tuned you'll want to swap out the stock yellow spring on the Forge kit with the blue one to handle the added pressure.

Last edited: