GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Def keeping my eye out and will let you know if I see anything. I basically don't want to get a DP until I have a EM system where I can toggle the CEL when I want.

Patience is a virtue as they say... Send me a PM if you see a sale, and I will do the same for you.

MadMen

Ready to race!
And for those of us unfortunate to own an Audi, we don't have the option of Cobb.... :/

EmmKay11945

Ready to race!
Hey, a question. The difference between the regular torque file, and the high torque file? Does the HT file give more power on bottom end, and the regular torque file give more power on top end, or does does both files achieve the same power on the top end while the only difference in files being extra torque on the bottom end of the HT file?

EmmKay11945

Ready to race!
Did Eurodyne remove their standard stage 2 file? ie- not the adjustable, or HT.

It did not pop up as a available file for me this time. I guess I can go back to the adjustable :/ But thats like aids without access to e85...fuck.

*EDIT*

Response from Eurodyne via email, was the adjustable files replaced the regular OTS files *non ht*
FYI for anyone carious.

I haven't been on my eurodyne software in probably around 9 months. I'm on the stage 1.5 91oct HT file. Have they did any updates to the software since then that I could benefit from, should I reflash?

Zx2man

Ready to race!
I have no clue if the HT files got updated. Probably still the same. I believe by design the HT files run more power down low vs the old regular files, and visa Versa with power up top. I’d just stick with HT file is you are happy, or if you got e85 play with the adjustable.

My question is does the new adjustable files have the e85 slider, or it just boost and ignition timing sliders? And if so are people even using the e85 slider? Any Benefit running e50 vs e30 on the adjustable files? I’m assuming one needs maestro to tune in the extra fuel volume for e85.

Last edited:

MadMen

Ready to race!
I have no clue if the HT files got updated. Probably still the same. I believe by design the HT files run more power down low vs the old regular files, and visa Versa with power up top. I’d just stick with HT file is you are happy, or if you got e85 play with the adjustable.

My question is does the new adjustable files have the e85 slider, or it just boost and ignition timing sliders? And if so are people even using the e85 slider? Any Benefit running e50 vs e30 on the adjustable files? I’m assuming one needs maestro to tune in the extra fuel volume for e85.

You need Maestro to enable the E slider.

EmmKay11945

Ready to race!

Yes I have ethanol. Wonder how far up the octane slider I could possibly go with an e40 blend, should I turn boost down the more I raise the octane? Or just leave it set around 24psi. I know where I put the octane slider is dependent on know, just wanting to know an estimate of where it would probably go to.

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Yes I have ethanol. Wonder how far up the octane slider I could possibly go with an e40 blend, should I turn boost down the more I raise the octane? Or just leave it set around 24psi. I know where I put the octane slider is dependent on know, just wanting to know an estimate of where it would probably go to.

I would say stay around 24 psi. I dont even think the psi raises above the torque targets that is preset in the file-meaning you adjust to 28 psi and still see 24 psi. As for octane and e85 the highest I would go is 3 gal of e85, rest 92 octane. Here in Washington near sea level I could slide the slider to 98 and be fine.

Ive seen guys run e40-e60 on the ED adjustable files. But is the ecu compensating? Are the injectors getting overworked without tuning, and are the gains even worth it, without a custom tune for a higher blend.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
The tune will adjust HPFP trims accordingly, but AFR targets do not adjust to the safer levels required for longer pulls/runs. It's one thing to do a 3rd-4th gear pull. It is another thing to go to a track day or back to back runs at the drag strip.

A custom ethanol tune tune is the safest bet for sure. I have kept my octane/timing settings at 96 and have adjusted both the standard AFR tables and the EGT Safety tables. I don't see any corrections between summer and winter fuel blends. I run 93 octane with e50.

I too have seen others run higher Oct settings, and have myself, but I really like having that overhead. I flash back to the stock Maestro ADJ file when I travel and set octane to 92.

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Yeah I think I myself will just dump 2.5 gal of e85 with 92 pump and run the slider at 93 oct. least I’m that way my trims should still be fine and I’ll still make more power vs 91.
Eurodyne and 91 oct just has never impressed me. But it’s what I run here :/
I doubt a maestro tune on 91 would make much of a difference, and I don’t have enough access to e85 to make a tune for it.

Amracer1

Ready to race!
Hi if anyone is interested i have 3 eurodyne credits i can get transfered to your cable being that i purchased them without needing them . i would give a discount from what i paid to anyone interested thanks

NSchultz7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 Turbo Blue S4

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie