GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I was under the impression you had to hook that one up for the map 6?
You have to for map 2 as well. I'm pretty sure only maps 0/1 work without it tapped.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

bl33dBlue21

Go Kart Newbie
sorry this may be a stupid question.. so i bought this jb4 that was run in a golf R. i noticed the thin blue AFR cable was replaced by a thicker one. this is completely fine, correct?

and im tapping it onto Red wire Not white wire? car is 2018 GTI S

thanks

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
sorry this may be a stupid question.. so i bought this jb4 that was run in a golf R. i noticed the thin blue AFR cable was replaced by a thicker one. this is completely fine, correct?

and im tapping it onto Red wire Not white wire? car is 2018 GTI S

thanks

Yes it’s just a wire so it’ll be fine as long as it’s going into right pin in the JB4.

And yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albapete

Passed Driver's Ed
Just installed my JB4 with the connect package. Just wanted to verify that its safe to run Map 2 right off the bat if Im running 93 octane. That and the JB4 Mobile app connects ok, but the only data I can see is the Map and the Boost gauge, no other readings work. Known issue?

Im sure the answers are in this thread somewhere but most of the talk is way above my level of knowledge.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Just installed my JB4 with the connect package. Just wanted to verify that its safe to run Map 2 right off the bat if Im running 93 octane. That and the JB4 Mobile app connects ok, but the only data I can see is the Map and the Boost gauge, no other readings work. Known issue?

Im sure the answers are in this thread somewhere but most of the talk is way above my level of knowledge.
What firmware are you on? It should show everything. Double check all the connectors/OBD2 plug?

And yes, you're fine going right to map 2 on 93 octane.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

bl33dBlue21

Go Kart Newbie
those with MK7.5, how did you route your OBD cable? rubber grommet is different now,

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
those with MK7.5, how did you route your OBD cable? rubber grommet is different now,

The grommet right of your finger. Poke a hole and snake the cable through it. Removing the battery makes it easier but not needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zoominms3

Ready to race!
Can someone please help me out!

I traded in the 7 for a 7.5

AFR wire is needed for map 2?
Also which wire do we tap? 2019 GTI?

And last but not least what should fuel bias be for right now on map 1? At least until I can switch to map 2/6

Was told to make the FOL 45

Last edited: