GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Problem when the car is cold

fergti

Hello! I have a problem with my GTI performance mk7 and I would like to know if any of you know the solution.
The car when it is cold has a very unstable idle and shuts down however when it is hot it works perfect.
I meant the temperature of the car
Regards, and thank you very much!

fergti

I fixed Airbox Water Drain Hose from the fallen filter, I put it back but perhaps the problem comes from there that is not well placed, in yours it remains fixed on strips can you remove it?
Sorry for my english.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Could it be the iac sensor?

Your code points to the MAP sensor so could be. I would inspect it and maybe clean it with lint free rag or some electrical cleaner. Also make sure oil cap is locked, dipstick is pushed in all the way and no hoses are pulled off.

fergti

Your code points to the MAP sensor so could be. I would inspect it and maybe clean it with lint free rag or some electrical cleaner. Also make sure oil cap is locked, dipstick is pushed in all the way and no hoses are pulled off.

Now clean the MAP sensor, it remains the same. I also notice that the oil plug sucks in a lot of air.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Now clean the MAP sensor, it remains the same. I also notice that the oil plug sucks in a lot of air.

If you're talking about the oil fill cap it's probably a vacuum leak. Get a new o ring for the cap or a new cap. Do you see a lot of oil seepage around the cap?

fergti

Hi guys! Now I gave fault P0011 and failed p0013, nobody knows what may be happening. It still has unstable idle but when it takes temperature it works normally.