GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Autotech HPFP for exchange

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I'm currently running an Autotech HPFP, but no longer need it and the software i'm using does not fully support it which is causing pressure spikes. It is not a hardware issue, pressure was perfect a few days ago on Cobb, but it's creeping excessively on Maestro and i do not have access the the HPFP table in my particular ECU.

I have stock, perfect condition internals but they are press fit instead of the clip/retainer design of the Autotech, so it is much more difficult to go back to stock.

Because of this situation, i want to exchange my Autotech for a stock pump + cash. This would make the total Autotech HPFP install about 5 minutes for the buyer, and save me a ton of hassle messing with trying to press fit the stock internals back into my pump.

Buyer gets my complete pump, original Autotech box with stock internals, and a return label for their pump. Just install, throw your pump in the box, attach the return label i'll provide, and drop it off to FedEx/UPS.

I'm thinking $200 is fair because i'm paying shipping both ways.

Last edited:

smokey24

Ready to race!
I had a question since im not totally familiar with this platform. My mk6 didn't have hpfp upgrade. When do u need the hpfp upgrade? For gti correct?

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Sale Pending.

I had a question since im not totally familiar with this platform. My mk6 didn't have hpfp upgrade. When do u need the hpfp upgrade? For gti correct?

Around 400-425whp on pump gas, or above E30 on an IS38 car (380-400whp).

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Not surprised, that was a very good deal lol.

MadMen

Ready to race!
I had the same spikes with the same software and HPFP. I did convert mine back to stock, but then had cold start problems. Put Autotech back in and no more problems - except for the pressure spike at the top of the gears again.

Heck - I may be doing the same deal you did. I'm thinking my conversion back to stock wasn't quite right. It is nice with the Autotech, not having to worry about pressing anything.

k0mpresd1

Passed Driver's Ed
I had the same spikes with the same software and HPFP. I did convert mine back to stock, but then had cold start problems. Put Autotech back in and no more problems - except for the pressure spike at the top of the gears again.

Heck - I may be doing the same deal you did. I'm thinking my conversion back to stock wasn't quite right. It is nice with the Autotech, not having to worry about pressing anything.

the software needs to be configured for the pump. there are many maps that control the VCV and thus controls the workings of the physical part of the pump. the software also knows how much fuel mass is moved per 1 stroke of the pump, so if the pump is upgraded, this value needs to be scaled correctly as well.

there is no bolt on and go solution and i highly doubt maestro or anyone else really has the options available for correctly configuring the control of the VCV/hpfp.

MadMen

Ready to race!
the software needs to be configured for the pump. there are many maps that control the VCV and thus controls the workings of the physical part of the pump. the software also knows how much fuel mass is moved per 1 stroke of the pump, so if the pump is upgraded, this value needs to be scaled correctly as well.

there is no bolt on and go solution and i highly doubt maestro or anyone else really has the options available for correctly configuring the control of the VCV/hpfp.

It's probably why UM won't tune a car with HPFP.

k0mpresd1

Passed Driver's Ed
It's probably why UM won't tune a car with HPFP.

i really dont know why. Jeff is a smart guy. once you sort of understand how the pump works, it is not so complicated to make adjustments. having access to what to change and the understanding of what to change are the key factors.