GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Synthetic Wax from Rust-Oleum

wlfpck

Ready to race!
I think it would be interesting to see the MSDS sheet.

My guess (just by glancing at the amazon description) is that this is a paint sealant.

Could be either an acrylic paint sealant or a polymer sealant. I guess if you wanted to break it out too, you could have a ceramic coating as well.

The MSDS will show what kind of chemicals are in it which could give a better hint as to what it is.

Reason I think it's a paint sealant is because 3 years is a long time... even with a synthetic wax.

IceBerg4k1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I think it would be interesting to see the MSDS sheet.

My guess (just by glancing at the amazon description) is that this is a paint sealant.

Could be either an acrylic paint sealant or a polymer sealant. I guess if you wanted to break it out too, you could have a ceramic coating as well.

The MSDS will show what kind of chemicals are in it which could give a better hint as to what it is.

Reason I think it's a paint sealant is because 3 years is a long time... even with a synthetic wax.

Just took a look at the MSDS and it contains various siloxanes in addition to to polymers meaning this is an SiO2/Ceramic sealant. No way would it even come close to their claims if it were a non-ceramic sealant. 3 years is still just marketing BS. If full blown ceramic coatings don't remain effective for 3 years, which many don't, then there is no possible way a ceramic sealant is going to accomplish that. Don't believe the hype.

wlfpck

Ready to race!
Just took a look at the MSDS and it contains various siloxanes in addition to to polymers meaning this is an SiO2/Ceramic sealant. No way would it even come close to their claims if it were a non-ceramic sealant. 3 years is still just marketing BS. If full blown ceramic coatings don't remain effective for 3 years, which many don't, then there is no possible way a ceramic sealant is going to accomplish that. Don't believe the hype.

Nice. I couldn't even get to a MSDS. With what you found... seems to be spot on. Not 100% sure, but presence of isocyanates would indicate polyurethane coating with SiO2/Ceramic infused in. Without a polyurethane coating... this is just a fancy SiO2/Ceramic wax/sealant. I think anyways. Haven't really looked into waxes and sealants too much.