GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAPerformance Stage 2 MK7 GTI versus all of our shop cars

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
Does the WRX driver have TC all the way off? Should destroy the GTI from a dig

We've been messing with various launch control settings, and frankly the 1-2 shift sucks in the WRX. Worst factory shifter in some time. It definitely gets a car on launch, but the DSG pulls so hard in the mid range smoothly.

-Adam

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
Instead of an IC, would water/meth be a good option on a stock IC?

So I have a love hate relationship with water-meth. It does a good job cooling, but is also somewhat a higher risk solution to both temperature and detonation, as a permanent and simpler mechanical device such as an IC, would be a wiser choice. That said, certain locations, like our customers in the desert have found, and with poor fuel choices, that water meth is their last resort.

-Adam

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
So I have a love hate relationship with water-meth. It does a good job cooling, but is also somewhat a higher risk solution to both temperature and detonation, as a permanent and simpler mechanical device such as an IC, would be a wiser choice. That said, certain locations, like our customers in the desert have found, and with poor fuel choices, that water meth is their last resort.

-Adam

Yea, my worry is a pump or electrical failure causing non or insufficient water/meth flow. I'm sure the ECU would sense the knock and pull timing, but yea....at what risk.

Also Adam...I ordered a catted resonated MAP DP for my GTI but they send me an R setup...customer service sent a replacement resonator section but I still haven't received the right DP. The R DP is offset to make way for the output shaft, it is incompatible with the GTI correct?

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
Yea, my worry is a pump or electrical failure causing non or insufficient water/meth flow. I'm sure the ECU would sense the knock and pull timing, but yea....at what risk.

Also Adam...I ordered a catted resonated MAP DP for my GTI but they send me an R setup...customer service sent a replacement resonator section but I still haven't received the right DP. The R DP is offset to make way for the output shaft, it is incompatible with the GTI correct?

Hm, they should be revised to fit both. DM me directly if you're having issues still.

But yes the pump failure is the most common reason why I avoid it.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Hm, they should be revised to fit both. DM me directly if you're having issues still.

But yes the pump failure is the most common reason why I avoid it.

You are correct! The new resonator section fit perfectly, I LOVE the sound of this DP with the stock exhaust.

Since I have the catted version I avoided adding the exhaust crackle option from Stratified as the crackles could destroy the cat. What is your opinion on running a cat with crackles? I wouldn't want to run them all the time, as I think Stratified would allow me to turn them off and on via Cobb AP. For now Cat > crackles

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
You are correct! The new resonator section fit perfectly, I LOVE the sound of this DP with the stock exhaust.

Since I have the catted version I avoided adding the exhaust crackle option from Stratified as the crackles could destroy the cat. What is your opinion on running a cat with crackles? I wouldn't want to run them all the time, as I think Stratified would allow me to turn them off and on via Cobb AP. For now Cat > crackles

Wonderful! Nothing wrong with crackles, we have tons of test data on both the standard cats, and GESI cats, and both should more than hold up with the additional stress/heat no problem.

-Adam