GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Subaru WRX STI S209

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
How can u justify that price? I'm here, in a GTI because no matter how much I tried, I just could not justify the slight higher price of the WRX over GTI... I realllllly wanted to get the WRX, but it was absolutely impossible to put the WRX over a GTI.

S209 is one of those cars that is not supposed to make sense to anyone but the potential buyer. I think it's a great package and Subaru bringing such car to the States should be celebrated.

As for your WRX vs GTI decision, for me life is too short to be buying some alternative (especially if only a couple of grand difference).

I owned a MK7 GTI Autobahn DSG before trading it in for a 19 WRX Limited MT last year. I'm an MT driver so DSG was not for me, but the Autobahn was a great car. It was so good I got a MK7 Golf-R with MT. It is perfect with AWD MT and all the bells and whistles I could not get on my 16 Autobahn back then. And I personally like the pre-refresh facia, side skirts, and Pretorias so I am extremely pleased.

A2MK7

Passed Driver's Ed
we should be discussing the RS6 Avant instead :eek::p

I wish! Most people don't even know what that monster is:rolleyes:. That car is in a whole other league. Not even relatively comparable whatsoever . I like where your head is at though:D.

elwood1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2024 GTI SE DSG
I cannot believe they are still putting that EJ25 pig in a 2019.

Seriously.

The ringland issue goes back over 10 years. I had a 2007. Mine failed (cylinder #4) at around 80,000 miles, so it held on longer than most. I loved that car until it broke my heart, but the GTI I traded it for was a great DD, and my R is even better so AMF Subaru.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Sorry to hear about your ringland issue, elwood.

I have a 16 STI and 19 WRX Limited (FA20) and both run AOS/catchcan plus Cobb AP. No issue for me and I'm not worried about ringland failure. Most often than not, (I'm not saying your case as I don't know) ringland failure is caused by poor judgement in gear selection and going WOT from low RPM. Being a long time Honda driver earlier on, it's second nature for me to keep rev's high.

Even on my Golf-R I ignore the cluster gear recommendation as I believe that is part of the problem people are wearing out their clutch prematurely. It tells you to shift up early forcing the clutch to take the torque down low while the rest of the drivetrain 'struggles' to gain/maintain speed.

Thanks to successful results from Cobb's ots tunes on my Subies, I'm getting an AP for my Golf-R this week. :p