Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
That’s why I would only put my R on AWD dyno... not worth the risk to see more power to front wheels. I think I heard something about the Focus RS being able to be dyno’d in “drift mode” and put on a 2wd dyno just fine.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Am I missing something? Doesn't the shop disable the rear drive with VCDS first?

If you're referring to my run, it's a Honda shop. They don't have a VCDS cable. I have OBDeleven, but figured dyno mode would work. After all, if it didn't why even include it?

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
Having an R, why would you even try a 2wd dyno? If I had an R, I would never try that and always take it to a awd dyno. Thankfully you dodge the bullet on that one.

The only logic that comes to mind is to see a bigger number. AWD numbers come in lower due to driveline loss. I've never had a AWD car so there might be some tuning angle involved.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
If you're referring to my run, it's a Honda shop. They don't have a VCDS cable. I have OBDeleven, but figured dyno mode would work. After all, if it didn't why even include it?

Is disabling the rear on haldex actually called dyno mode from the factory? Or is that something the community just calls it

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Is disabling the rear on haldex actually called dyno mode from the factory? Or is that something the community just calls it

Not a clue, honestly. I doubt it's an easter egg not meant to be found, if that's what you're getting at.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Not a clue, honestly. I doubt it's an easter egg not meant to be found, if that's what you're getting at.

Yeah basically. I dont think vw/Audi meant for that function to solely dyno the car. Maybe it's meant for some kind of troubleshooting or some kinda thing like that. I dont think manufacturers plan for cars to be dynoed like that lol

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Watched OPs and the FB dyno of the car going out of dyno mode, holy hell that looks liek it could mess up the haldex bad. Glad it seems like everything is ok.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Watched OPs and the FB dyno of the car going out of dyno mode, holy hell that looks liek it could mess up the haldex bad. Glad it seems like everything is ok.

[emoji1362] even changed the fluid and checked the filter a few days later, and no signs of damage to be found. Still works as designed [emoji1374]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk