GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Missing Transmission Fluid Fill Hole 2017 GTI Sport

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
still don't understand why you would remove the axle cups to take out the gearbox, seems like the much harder way to go around it...either way hope you got your answers above.

hmm makes sense, however i just dropped my entire subframe when i did mine. I figured a couple bolts extra vs messing with those cups was worth it.

Don't you have to undo the steering rack, control arms and sway bar to get the subframe to drop? With the axle cups, its one bolt per cup and they come out without any effort.

TrinivdubOG

Go Kart Newbie
Don't you have to undo the steering rack, control arms and sway bar to get the subframe to drop? With the axle cups, its one bolt per cup and they come out without any effort.

LOL yes to all, but bad experiences with my mk4 and persistent leaks after, didn't want to take the chance with the R... Besides I did it on a lift so it wasn't that hard. Hardest part was supporting the subframe with my head :D

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
LOL yes to all, but bad experiences with my mk4 and persistent leaks after, didn't want to take the chance with the R... Besides I did it on a lift so it wasn't that hard. Hardest part was supporting the subframe with my head :D

Hah, makes sense. Haven't heard anyone having any issues with leaking yet, I am nearing 23k after install of my clutch and no leaks yet (knock on wood).