GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
pdisguise the DBV2 looks like a very high quality turbo but it's about twice the cost of the Littco and designed for higher power levels than I want. I make deliveries in Phoenix and drive about 1200 miles per week so the reliability of my car is paramount. I want to be able to keep the stock fuel system.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
pdisguise the DBV2 looks like a very high quality turbo but it's about twice the cost of the Littco and designed for higher power levels than I want. I make deliveries in Phoenix and drive about 1200 miles per week so the reliability of my car is paramount. I want to be able to keep the stock fuel system.

Well the IHX’s are Chinese turbos if that’s something to consider as far as reliability.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Eqt

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Tomioka - Zage
EQT - Zage
DBV2 - IS38 modified (this is not a turbo for someone dailying 1,200 /week...it is laggier than the ixh475 and eqt)

Thanks for that info. I'm leaning towards the Littco L380.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Obviously from a dig you’d have the advantage lol. I’m on Pilot sport 4s rn. I can try to dial in the launch but I won’t be getting any significant 1/8 mile time lol. Besides I usually stick to roll races if I’m being honest. Previous car was a 10 speed mustang gt and before that a charger hellcat.. I’m not as fast as the hellcat yet that’s for sure but i’d Walk the mustang now lol.

I’m just trying to get the gti to the point where I can walk a hellcat from a roll, how reliable that’d be I have no idea..

Was just think about this, what lead you from a Hellcat, to a new 10spd GT to now a GTI? Lol. I’d rather have a 10sd GT over a Hellcat handsdown any day of the week. Though I know this is the internet. I could say my last car was a 720s lol.

And walk the Mustang from a dig? Lol

2018GolfGTISE

Ready to race!
Was just think about this, what lead you from a Hellcat, to a new 10spd GT to now a GTI? Lol. I’d rather have a 10sd GT over a Hellcat handsdown any day of the week. Though I know this is the internet. I could say my last car was a 720s lol.

And walk the Mustang from a dig? Lol

Hellcat needed a new motor after 18k miles and the second motor didn't really feel the same anymore so I just sold it didn't wanna deal with any more problems. The mustang I got offered more than I paid for it so I just sold it. Got something cheaper because I'm saving to pay for medical school at the moment. Hoping to buy an Audi rs3/ttrs and a mclaren soon once I start practicing.

The mustang couldn't really hook that well from a dig either I barely got low 4 second 0-60 times it just spun so much. I'd catch up fast and pass it from a dig race in the gti. Besides like I said I mostly just do rolls since it's less taxing on the cars.

Feel free to check my Instagram @mango__menace if you don't believe me.

TheWedgie

Passed Driver's Ed
Got something cheaper because I'm saving to pay for medical school at the moment. Hoping to buy an Audi rs3/ttrs and a mclaren soon once I start practicing.

Not sure how much longer you have to save up for medical school... but even if you start tomorrow... I doubt the RS3 or TTRS will be relevant by the time you're practicing in 8-10 years.

2018GolfGTISE

Ready to race!
Not sure how much longer you have to save up for medical school... but even if you start tomorrow... I doubt the RS3 or TTRS will be relevant by the time you're practicing in 8-10 years.

I start school in August, getting a different car once I graduate idk if I’m keeping the gti at that point. I’m sure the rs3 will be redesigned and still around in 4 years but not necessarily getting those I do have my options open still if something cooler comes along.

TheWedgie

Passed Driver's Ed
I start school in August, getting a different car once I graduate idk if I’m keeping the gti at that point. I’m sure the rs3 will be redesigned and still around in 4 years but not necessarily getting those I do have my options open still if something cooler comes along.

Sorry, this is ridiculously off topic... But how much money are you planning on making right out of med school?

If you think it's Audi RS3 + McLaren type money, I think you're grossly overestimating the salary of a resident physician.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Sorry, this is ridiculously off topic... But how much money are you planning on making right out of med school?

If you think it's Audi RS3 + McLaren type money, I think you're grossly overestimating the salary of a resident physician.

I was wondering the same, life is expensive.

I make good money and ~38% of my salary goes towards taxes, Healthcare Costs, 401k and HSA. That’s right off the top, so I never see that money in my bank account.

Then I have a goal of 20% post tax savings per year for a rainy day fund.

Add in a mortgage, entertainment/travel budgets the GTI to me is really expensive, something I cant wait to purge out of my budget.