GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
DIY bumper plugs to try and go front plate-less. From a distance it’s not bad but honestly up close it’s pretty rough. I can’t use the pen touch paint for the life of me. Seriously considering just buying a whole new front bumper since I have a good amount of rock chip anyways.

Also took the chrome strip off the grille for the next week or so. Once my Ed’s replica R’s come in I’m putting on a GTI PP grille.

Benihana

Go Kart Champion
DIY bumper plugs to try and go front plate-less. From a distance it’s not bad but honestly up close it’s pretty rough. I can’t use the pen touch paint for the life of me. Seriously considering just buying a whole new front bumper since I have a good amount of rock chip anyways.

Also took the chrome strip off the grille for the next week or so. Once my Ed’s replica R’s come in I’m putting on a GTI PP grille.

I would just clean it up a bit, I did the same thing...I have 5 screw holes that I plugged up with plastic plugs that I modded to fit. Most people think they are front bumper parking sensors lol, granted mine looks much cleaner reflecting the 2 hours i put into it :D

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
I would just clean it up a bit, I did the same thing...I have 5 screw holes that I plugged up with plastic plugs that I modded to fit. Most people think they are front bumper parking sensors lol, granted mine looks much cleaner reflecting the 2 hours i put into it :D

The problem I’m having is that the plate/bracket that was on before left some pretty deep scratches/imperfections that don’t want to come out with buffing or clay. Feels like I have to repaint the area but at that point might as well repaint the whole bumper.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Curbed my wheel....banghead.

What sand paper grit to smooth it down??
]

tyramz

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'19 Spektrum Golf R

Any chance you have the link to the German flag badge on the grill? I like the subtlety, looks really cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eXult

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI SE 6MT
Maintenance wash this weekend and recently installed OEM mud flaps, replaced GTI rear emblem to gloss black, and last pic shows the vinyl wrap install on the rear spoiler.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI

Looks pretty good. I had thoughts of wrapping my roof and didn’t know whether to wrap part of the spoiler like most do, or do the whole thing. Now I might want to do the spoiler only and get a gloss black extension.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
An alignment after I lowered it [emoji23]

GTI210

Ready to race!
BFI stage 2 mounts, oh yeah :cool:

TheSkeptic

Ready to race!
Installed the euro switch that just came in. Works like a charm.

Rear wiper delete to follow, probably this weekend when I've got the time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk