GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Floor Mats

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
For me it is the carpeting vibe from them. Also looking at some of the pics on their page, they look like they would fit horribly.

They fit better then the weather tech once they are in the car. As for teh carpeting vibe that's the best reason to go with them if you like oem look and not monster truck floor mat looks

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Tuxmat is another option but they are pretty pricey. Best looking in my opinion though.

https://www.tuxmat.ca/products/77-volkswagen-golf-custom-mat?year=2017&variant=22072212095094
I absolutely love my Tuxmats. They are pricey for sure but the coverage can't be beat.

Last edited:

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
I tried to like WeatherTechs, I really did.. Way too slippery and numb for my liking. But they ARE popular!

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
They fit better then the weather tech once they are in the car. As for teh carpeting vibe that's the best reason to go with them if you like oem look and not monster truck floor mat looks

My weathertechs fit flawlessly.

To each their own, the carpet look on floor mats would drive me nuts. Good to know there’s people on here who can still have a civil conversation without getting all bent out of shape, though.

I’d love to see them installed if anyone has a real shot. Mainly just wasn’t impressed by what I saw on the website.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
My weathertechs fit flawlessly.

To each their own, the carpet look on floor mats would drive me nuts. Good to know there’s people on here who can still have a civil conversation without getting all bent out of shape, though.

I’d love to see them installed if anyone has a real shot. Mainly just wasn’t impressed by what I saw on the website.

If by tomorrow no one gets you any decent shots i'll try and grab some for you.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Hmm, now I can't decide between Findway and Tuxmat.

For those that have Tuxmat, are they slippery like the WeatherTech ones?
I switched from WeatherTech to Tuxmat in my GTI due to the coverage.

Tbh, I never had much of a problem with WeatherTech being THAT slippery, but I know it varies with the shoes as well. I can say that with all the rain we've been getting lately, I haven't had problems with my shoes slipping on the Tuxmat.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
I switched from WeatherTech to Tuxmat in my GTI due to the coverage.

Tbh, I never had much of a problem with WeatherTech being THAT slippery, but I know it varies with the shoes as well. I can say that with all the rain we've been getting lately, I haven't had problems with my shoes slipping on the Tuxmat.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Cool, thanks for the feedback. I'm going to check out the Findway one in person to see what that faux carpet feels like. But I do really like the look of the Tuxmat.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI

daisoma

Passed Driver's Ed
I was skeptical about findways as their website is pretty budget but luckily for me they are local and I was able to see them first hand.

Weathertechs will be my last option. They are ok but fw are better looking (imo) and easier to clean. Salt comes off with just a pressure washer. Another note is the fw has mushroom tabs instead of holes. Less chance for water to seep thru when taking them out. The tabs seem to be the weak point as I broke one off just by regular Pulling. They sent me like 4 sets as a replacement. I guess they know they're not the greatest. I just pull it off more gentle and haven't broken another one since.

Never dealt with tuxmats (they are local to Toronto too) but the price and looks (again imo) swayed me away.

FW vs oem

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I love how the tuxmats website illustrates their ability to hold liquids by pouring out a Tim's double-double.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
I love how the tuxmats website illustrates their ability to hold liquids by pouring out a Tim's double-double.

Canada runs on Timmies [emoji1063]

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
I think I'm the only one who loves the GTI honeycomb monster mats. If only it had the same coverage as the aftermarket mats.

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
I think I'm the only one who loves the GTI honeycomb monster mats. If only it had the same coverage as the aftermarket mats.

I loved them too but not the coverage.