GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CAI for sound but worried about heat soak

jaymkvii

Passed Driver's Ed
Get the intake and upgrade your intercooler, problem solved. CTS has their tax return sale on lol

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

MyGolfMk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
B5 S4, Mk7 GTI
I want to buy a CAI for sounds mostly, I don’t plan on tuning for a while. However, I am scared because I live in FL and summer will be a bitch.

I suggest you hold off a couple of weeks and I should have some information that may make the decision easier.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Oh yeah, (in regulates to closed intakes) I wouldn’t trade my stock airbox with snow mod/K&N filter for pretty much (few exceptions) any intake for free. And the ones I would swap for isn’t worth the money to buy and do so. I am considering the ECS coupler that goes from turbo to stock airbox though, get rid of the ribbed tube. Though I’d bet a paycheck that would make no measurable difference.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Something like for a stock look
I went with the cheaper P34 intake from 034 and I am pretty happy with it. It also matches some of the OEM plastics in the engine bay

liam8216

Passed Driver's Ed
I went with the cheaper P34 intake from 034 and I am pretty happy with it. It also matches some of the OEM plastics in the engine bay

I bet there is not a whole lot of sound with that one as it is just a drop in basically.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
I bet there is not a whole lot of sound with that one as it is just a drop in basically.

There is a little bit more sound, the intake noise sounds a bit more agressive.

liam8216

Passed Driver's Ed
There is a little bit more sound, the intake noise sounds a bit more agressive.
Do you get the woosh sounds letting off? I like your engine cover. Mine looks so different from yours. Also how does the majesty ic perform? Does it require any extra materials to install and can you keep the factory ic in place?

Last edited:

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Do you get the woosh sounds letting off? I like your engine cover. Mine looks so different from yours.

Yes there are wooshing DV sounds when you let off but its not super loud. I also have a turbo muffler delete and turbo inlet pipe so that might add some additional noise. The engine cover I have is from the Tiguan.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Do you get the woosh sounds letting off? I like your engine cover. Mine looks so different from yours. Also how does the majesty ic perform? Does it require any extra materials to install and can you keep the factory ic in place?

Who cares about sound. Bovvvvvv bro. ? I’m full IHX475 kit And the turbo isn’t that loud tbh. IC preforms well, and no you can’t keep the oem as it’s a replacement for it. No extras, though mine came with new couplers and t bolts.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I live in Phoenix and have a CAI and haven't had any problems with heat.