GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vancouver Chat Thread

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Haven't even had my car out in the snow yet lol. Carpooled with my wife in her Subaru this morning and probably end up doing the same tomorrow. When does summer start?

Winter is coming April 14th.

Game of Thrones fan, I hope :D

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Haven't even had my car out in the snow yet lol. Carpooled with my wife in her Subaru this morning and probably end up doing the same tomorrow. When does summer start?
Take the car out to a nice empty parking lot. The true effects of the VAQ diff are very apparent.

deadlly4

At this point, it's probably better and easier to just get one yourself if North Van is inconvenient.

It isn't, I just wasn't sure if the North Van offer was still on the table. In terms of money it's nearly 10x the money spent to get OBD11 and an android device than just the gas it takes to get to North Van. So if that offer is still open I just need to find a weekend and I'd be more than happy to drive down there with some beer.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
It isn't, I just wasn't sure if the North Van offer was still on the table. In terms of money it's nearly 10x the money spent to get OBD11 and an android device than just the gas it takes to get to North Van. So if that offer is still open I just need to find a weekend and I'd be more than happy to drive down there with some beer.

Send Clem a PM.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
I'm in Richmond/Vancouver for a cousin's wedding. Going around with my relatives, I've already seen more Mk7s in the past 2 days than I have in my area of Southern California in the past year.

I'm amazed

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I'm in Richmond/Vancouver for a cousin's wedding. Going around with my relatives, I've already seen more Mk7s in the past 2 days than I have in my area of Southern California in the past year.

I'm amazed

Welcome!

Lots of VW love up here. [emoji41]

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Welcome!

Lots of VW love up here. [emoji41]

Thanks!

It's my 3rd time ever in BC, and I've always liked how it's a good combination of San Francisco (as it was back when I grew up there) and Orange County, CA, which is where I've lived the past 8 years.

The only thing I'm iffy about is that you actually have seasons, and I'm cold right now haha

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks!

It's my 3rd time ever in BC, and I've always liked how it's a good combination of San Francisco (as it was back when I grew up there) and Orange County, CA, which is where I've lived the past 8 years.

The only thing I'm iffy about is that you actually have seasons, and I'm cold right now haha

It’s just getting warm! Lol. But not like you’re used to.

Isn’t SF typically pretty breezy and cool?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
I've already seen more Mk7s in the past 2 days than I have in my area of Southern California in the past year.
Welcome! You'll probably also notice that there's as many Golf R's on the road as GTI's, at least in my experience. It does rain here alot [emoji1]