GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Experience with Xpel Ultimate Plus wrap?

Crossle32

Passed Driver's Ed
One of the first things I would like to do to my recently acquired R is to have a protective wrap installed on the front of the car. One of the local firms installs the Xpel Ultimate Plus film and I am interested in knowing whether anyone has experience with this product.

Thanks

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
I had in installed the first week I had the car. Full front bra, door cups, mirrors, and hatch liftover. I had it on my last car and it held up great.

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Mine's been on my front bumper for over 2.5 years now. Still looks great.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Mine hasn't held up that great, it's lifting in some areas and there are several cuts/flaps from objects hitting it.

It is a wear item so on my daily drivers I usually redo it every 2-3yrs anyway. It's not difficult to install, just need patience.

I had to redo the one on my Golf-R last year because my son accidentally stacked up cardboard circles (TireRack) wrong and a batch of them fell onto my car leaving a deep scar in the middle of the bumper. No damage to paint, so I was okay with it.

The one on my STI looks prefect still after 3yrs.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Mine's been on my front bumper for over 2.5 years now. Still looks great.

I'm not a fan of slammed cars on bags or other suspension techniques, but I still cant get over how wonderful yours looks. Every time I see it, it puts a smile on my face. I'm sure you're ecstatic when you walk away from it.

If you like that, you should see our knob...

ba-dum-tsss! LMAO.

boostin1004

Ready to race!
xpel, suntek, 3m are all really good and all self heal. it just depends on who you go to for install. i'm sure xpel has an exclusive rights deal with their installer.