GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

H7 To D2S

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
in the appropriate lamp codes (for halogen that would be leuchte6 and leuchte7, modify the dimmwert value to 80 or so (stock for halogen is 100, iirc, 127 is full-bright). Changing the lasttyp (lamp type) to xenon is also useful to remove flicker/error codes from bulb check. Not a 100% solution as even very cold starts can cause ballasts to throw an error every now and then.

Oh, Mine is on 127, i hope reducing it wont affect the output too much.

I Tried changing it to Xenon Abblendlicht And it threw an error, Something about can line 3 and 4, this setting is probably for OEM Xenons.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
it's been a while since i've gone digging in the code for it, i seem to recall multiple options for xenon at some point or other. It's not going to reduce output too much.
Maybe Im missing it but i only see one.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Useful table! I agree, that appears to be the only one. I'd give it a shot again tbh, i've had codes error out before even when it should accept it, but even if it doesn't, it's not the end of the world.

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
Back in the early days of retrofitting, back when Valeo H7 projectors were popular, an adapter plate that allowed a D2S to be used a H7 projector was a common item. Probably still available on ebay

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Useful table! I agree, that appears to be the only one. I'd give it a shot again tbh, i've had codes error out before even when it should accept it, but even if it doesn't, it's not the end of the world.

I'll try again

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Back in the early days of retrofitting, back when Valeo H7 projectors were popular, an adapter plate that allowed a D2S to be used a H7 projector was a common item. Probably still available on ebay

Yep, thats what i linked in one of my posts.

But from what I Read, the light source of the bulb needs to be in a specific place inside the projector, and the adapter will add thickness and the bulb will not go all the way in, would that be a problem?

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
If you have h7 projectors, the d2s bulb won't be in the right place in the first place, so it's kind of a moot point. Basically if your bulb is in the projector, not causing a hot spot in the beam pattern or throwing light above the cutoff, you're in the clear.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
If you have h7 projectors, the d2s bulb won't be in the right place in the first place, so it's kind of a moot point. Basically if your bulb is in the projector, not causing a hot spot in the beam pattern or throwing light above the cutoff, you're in the clear.

Didnt think about that, Thanks.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
My current 55w ballasts make a lot of light and i love it, what if i replace the ballasts with a quality 35w?

will the 55w bulbs still work?

will the light output be reduced by alot?

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
i'm just getting answers from hidplanet now. They bring up some interesting points like: what brand is a 55w bulb? Most of the majors and oems are 35w bulb. Other forum suggests it should light but will reduce the light output.
https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/fo...ic-questions/42113-50-55w-bulb-in-35w-ballast

Its an ebay 55W Kit, I Shoulve researched a bit more before buying it.

I Now see that 35W Is the go to, 55W Can actually melt the headlight casing and ruin the factory wiring, im buying a 35W Now xD.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Nice. I will say i highly recommend the morimoto xb35s paired with a decent 35w ballast. I've run the hylux 35w ballast for the past 2 years without no issue.
But hows the light output? Now that ive seen how the 55w made my light perfect( way more light and the the color is now pure white and not that white with blue tint) its hard to go back.

I hope the 35W ballasts paired with a high quality bulb can produce The same amount or more light.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
It's plenty. In my experience, there are few other setups that put out as much light as my current setup. the xb35 bulbs in the 4500k temp from morimoto are on par with what the OEMs like osram are putting out with their nightbreaker lines.