GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Her TSI her way

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Ouch on the bumper damage. I'd go for the pre-refresh Golf-R bumper (like my car) or the refresh GTI bumper. GL with the repair.

That's a cool looking car btw.

The mk7 stuff won’t fit on the 7.5 unless it’s majorly worked over... that is my understanding

Square1

Go Kart Champion
How do y'all like the brush hero thing? Heard a podcast a while back with the guy who made it. Seemed pretty trick.
My wife bought a brand X and it's okay. The soap rinses off immediately so you still need to scrub it with a rag. I need one that dispenses soap evenly at the same time.

Square1

Go Kart Champion
We're waiting to hear back from the insurance.
Well that's a big no. Cheap fix + deductible = paying for it anyway. It's looking like an R bumper which to our surprise is a little cheaper than the TSI bumper. I never would have guessed.

murtaza911

Ready to race!
I did the R bumber on my golf after my accident.
Bumper it self is cheaper, but you need the trim pieces, which end up costing a bit.

The bodyshop ended up doing mine so I don't have all the prices, but here are the part numbers you'll need. (some I couldn't find)
- Bumper cover: 5G0-807-221-BJ-GRU
- Lower Spoiler: 5G0-805-915-H-9B9 (Is this necessary? I wonder if I can getaway with out it..)
- Tow hook cover: 5G0-807-241-A-GRU (old golf one will work)
- Lower Drivers (Left) Aluminum Trim: 5G0-853-763-A-3Q7
- Lower (Aluminum) Bumper Trim (Passenger) Right: 5G0-853-764-A-3Q7
- Molding: 5G0-853-765--3Q7
- Head Light Washer cover Drivers: 5G0-955-109-B-GRU
- Headlight washer cover passenger: 5G0-955-110-B-GRU
- Left Grill Plate 5G0-853-949-D-9B9
- Right Grill Plate: 5G0-853-950-D-9B9
- Left Grill: 5G0-807-723-C
- Right Grill: 5G0-807-724-C
- Bumper Grill: ???

Edit: Never mind, I just realized you have an MK7.5, mine was an MK7. Ignore all the part numbers lol.

Square1

Go Kart Champion
I did the R bumber on my golf after my accident.
Bumper it self is cheaper, but you need the trim pieces, which end up costing a bit.

The bodyshop ended up doing mine so I don't have all the prices, but here are the part numbers you'll need. (some I couldn't find)
- Bumper cover: 5G0-807-221-BJ-GRU
- Lower Spoiler: 5G0-805-915-H-9B9 (Is this necessary? I wonder if I can getaway with out it..)
- Tow hook cover: 5G0-807-241-A-GRU (old golf one will work)
- Lower Drivers (Left) Aluminum Trim: 5G0-853-763-A-3Q7
- Lower (Aluminum) Bumper Trim (Passenger) Right: 5G0-853-764-A-3Q7
- Molding: 5G0-853-765--3Q7
- Head Light Washer cover Drivers: 5G0-955-109-B-GRU
- Headlight washer cover passenger: 5G0-955-110-B-GRU
- Left Grill Plate 5G0-853-949-D-9B9
- Right Grill Plate: 5G0-853-950-D-9B9
- Left Grill: 5G0-807-723-C
- Right Grill: 5G0-807-724-C
- Bumper Grill: ???

Edit: Never mind, I just realized you have an MK7.5, mine was an MK7. Ignore all the part numbers lol.
It's funny the Golf R bumper is actually cheaper than the TSI one is. The tidbits are where it all adds up.

Square1

Go Kart Champion
1. No center caps?

2. If you put the IS20 in there she will want more ( I noticed the trend.) Go IS38. Get yourself an EQT.
Took your advice on the EQT. Any advice on what tune to run on the TSI with either the IS20 or IS38? APR has options but I'm installing Eurodyne Maestro on my car and it just seems more versatile but it's not available for the 1.8T.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Dan00Hawk

Go Kart Newbie
Those wheels look great on there! If I could convince my wife to avoid curbs, I'd consider a set for her 17 Beetle. But she ruined a set of 18's that I put on her last car within a week, so she has to stick with the 60 series sidewalls and boring VW standard wheels. :D

Square1

Go Kart Champion
Those wheels look great on there! If I could convince my wife to avoid curbs, I'd consider a set for her 17 Beetle. But she ruined a set of 18's that I put on her last car within a week, so she has to stick with the 60 series sidewalls and boring VW standard wheels. :D
Thanks. She's actually really careful with her wheels. A lot of people ask how often I need to refinish them for her.

Dan00Hawk

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks. She's actually really careful with her wheels. A lot of people ask how often I need to refinish them for her.

I am happy that some women break the stereotype!