GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

17 inch wheels on MK7.5

r-line7

Hi,

Searching for 17 inch wheels, but it is hard to decide what to take. 18" almost in all cases look good, but 18" is not an option due to bad road conditions where I drive.

Who is wearing 17 inch rims on Golf MK7.5 and has some nice pics?

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
OEM 17" BBS Madras wheels on my mk7.5 GTI. It's my winter set-up, run 18's during the summer.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
17 inch Neuspeed RSE05, my winter setup.

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
Based on the lightweight wheels sticky thread, I just purchased (and waiting to be shipped) some 17x8 Fast fc04's. I was drawn to them because they're hubcentric, use stock ball seat lug bolts, light at 16.2 lbs, and cheap. Paid just under $600 USD for a set of all 4 shipped to my door from wheelwiz with current coupon code to drop the price by $40 CAD. Since you're in Europe, downside might be trying to ship them out there, since it's a Canadian company.

I believe only certain colors are rated for winter, so you're limited on that if you care.

r-line7

Based on the lightweight wheels sticky thread, I just purchased (and waiting to be shipped) some 17x8 Fast fc04's. I was drawn to them because they're hubcentric, use stock ball seat lug bolts, light at 16.2 lbs, and cheap. Paid just under $600 USD for a set of all 4 shipped to my door from wheelwiz with current coupon code to drop the price by $40 CAD. Since you're in Europe, downside might be trying to ship them out there, since it's a Canadian company.

I believe only certain colors are rated for winter, so you're limited on that if you care.

It is very interesting to see how these will look in 17" size. I am very interested to see pics.

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
Last edited:

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
I've got OZ ultraleggera for my summer/track set. They were 17.0 pounds per wheel I think. They fit quite well in 17x8 for me. I particularly like that the spoke goes to the edge of the lip, instead of curving back, which makes the wheel look bigger than it actually is.

r-line7

I've got OZ ultraleggera for my summer/track set. They were 17.0 pounds per wheel I think. They fit quite well in 17x8 for me. I particularly like that the spoke goes to the edge of the lip, instead of curving back, which makes the wheel look bigger than it actually is.

I like this idea as well, they look bigger than they are, you are right.

r-line7

What is PDC for your setup? What tyre width and height you have?

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
What is PDC for your setup? What tyre width and height you have?

PDC? if you mean total cost to door, I think it was 2200$ with tires mounted and balanced from tirerack.

I ran a 245/40/17 last year, but this year I'm running 235/45 on a more aggressive tire. The 245 on the old tire is the same width as the 235 on the new tire, so i'm just gaining a bit more tire height (slower gearing).

mr_edly

17X8 MODA MD24 ADC4

225/45R-17 BFGOODRICH G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S XL

Tire rack.com
With tax and free shipping $1,029.55